If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6 months post transplant

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Midge Rollins Heart transplant March 04. Prior to that I had Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. I am an independent Norwex consultant. Visit my web site www.midgerollins.norwex.biz Find out more about Midge Rollins
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 months post transplant

Yesterday, was my 6 month anniversary of my transplant. Does not seem possible it has been that long. I am amazed at what I can now do and how well I feel. My body is adjusting to medication. Of course they are now going to wean me off of one anti reject med and start me on a new one. The new one is easier on our kidneys and arteries. I just wanted to thank you all for your support and prayers. I am starting to develop a relationship with my donors mom. That has been a very emotional time for me. He gave the greatest gift anyone could give. LIFE. I continue to read your posts and if I ever can be of help to any of you let me know. Jim & I are going on a 10 day trip beginning this Thurs. It is exciting and scary both as I have not been away except to Mayo for a couple of years. Keep a positive attitude all of you it is the best therapy for you.
    Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
    ICD&Pacemaker 1996
    Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
    Mom of Kaye.

Re: 6 months post transplant

I'm so happy for you!!!

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Midge,

Congratulations! I cannot imagine what all you have been through, but I am amazed at your resiliance and thrilled by your coming through all this. Have a wonderful trip with Jim. He has been through nearly as much as you have.

Rhoda

Comment

Hey Midge-ey dahling,
        I think you’ve earned a great vacation – and I’m sure you do too. But what’s this I hear? Your donor was a male? Well now of course nobody can ever accuse you of being ‘all girl’ again.

Have a spectacular vacation, and don’t forget to post all about it when you get back. Tell me, do you have your donor’s name – and do you talk to him from time to time? It’s funny, we don’t know what he was like in life, but he sure did a good deed in death. I’m sure G-d posted it all in his ledger and his spirit is enjoying heaven as we speak.
        Burt

Comment

Midge,

Your courage, determination and spirit make you a true inspiration to me!

Congratulations on your 6 month anniversary!

Lynn
          Lynn Stewart
          HOCM 4/2002
          Cleveland Myectomy Crew 8/2002

Comment

Midge - you remain one of my heros!! Your attitude has been a real treasure to me!

Have a wonderful time away...YOU have earned a lovely vacation!!!

Big hugs from me to you!
            Lisa
            Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
            YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
            lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
            Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
            Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
            Currently not obstructed
            Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Midge

CONGRATS!!!!!!!! on your 6 months aniversary, I got my paperwork in for Minneapolis and the 26th i will know more about my future

You have wonderful well deserved vacation and yes please tell us all about it

Shirley
              Diagnosed 2003
              Myectomy 2-23-2004
              Husband: Ken
              Son: John diagnosed 2004
              Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Midge,

I am SO happy for you! You two enjoy your much deserved vacation...I wish you all the best. Go enjoy life!

Sincerely,
                Cynthia
                \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Midge,
                  Great to hear such good news. A time to begin doing things you have missed out on for some time. Have a great vacation, enjoy heartilly.
                  Pam
                  Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
                  Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
                  Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
                  SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
                  [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                  Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
                  Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
                  Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Midge, It's great to read your updates. I'm just so happy for you. Enjoy your vacation! Linda

Comment

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

6 months down, a lifetime to go....
                      " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

Midge,

Congrats to you! You have done so well and kept such a great attitude throughout your whole ordeal, you trully are an inspiration to all of us. Thanks for sharing your good news with us... we're so glad to have you aboard here.

Jim
                        "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Midge,

Hi! Congrats on your milestone! Many good wishes and may your road be long and pothole free!

Debbie

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                          X