If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my appt

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

shirleymahoney Born In Tulsa Oklahoma and have a wonderful husband and 2 great children Find out more about shirleymahoney
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my appt

Everyone i got my Appt!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is October 26th at 8:00 am with Dr. Maron and Some other doctor and am to recieve no pain med for all this chest pain

Dr Gilligan says to wear my oxygen and prop my feet, he says i can have tylenol pm if it gets really bad

At least things are starting to move along

Everyone have a great day and evening

Shirley
    Diagnosed 2003
    Myectomy 2-23-2004
    Husband: Ken
    Son: John diagnosed 2004
    Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Re: Got my appt

Shirley, I'm sure Oct 26 can't come soon enough for you. Hope it passes quickly and with you feeling an improvement as the weather becomes cooler. Linda

Comment

Dear Shirley,

I've got an idea. Let those grandchildren make a game of taking care of grandma. It could not be better training for them in caring for someone they love and will give you a chance to be with them without your having to take care of them. It could involve simple cooking and cleaning for the older ones and bringing you books and magazines and glasses of water for the younger ones. However you work this out, I pray that the time will pass quickly and that you will feel much better long before October 26th.

Rhoda

Comment

Glad to hear you have your appointment Shirley. In the meantime just take it easy. Were you able to talk with Dr. Maron to let him know how you feel?

In the interim just take it easy. Don't be foolish just because you feel good and push yourself. That is my biggest problem. I feel good one day and I push to the max only to go down for several days. Believe me it is not worth it........

Feel better and REST!!!! please

Comment

Hi Shirley,
          Pain is nature’s way of telling you you’re doing too much. If you don’t listen to her now, she will only get more aggressive. - You don’t fool with Mother Nature. -

You want relief from the pain? Lie down and use your oxygen – you know that works. I’ve heard what you’ve said, but where is it written that you have to get up and do things all the time? Once this heart is running better, or you get a newer, later model there will be plenty of time to go running and doing. For right now, just cool it girl.

One way or the other, you have a way to go before your problems are completely resolved. Best keep that old ticker ticking as smoothly as possible for as long as it takes. If you don’t I’m going to tell Ken on you. I’m a tattler from way back.

Are you frightened of me yet?
          Burt

Comment

Shirley,
            What a relief to at least have that appointment date . We will all be anxiously waiting with you. Just wish we could help you more with the pain and tough times and make time pass more quickly.

I know you are a doer and not a sitter, but Shirley , you have to take it easy now , sort of a limbo time until you get those answers from Dr. Maron. I truly do know that it is not as easy as it sounds. Just remember you would tell any one of us the same .We all care about you very much.

Feel better. Pam
            Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
            Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
            Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
            SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
            [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
            Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
            Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
            Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Woo Hoo! Yippie! Hooray!

I'm glad you were able to get your appointment scheduled. I'm sorry to hear however that you still have that freakin chest pain to deal with. I hope the next weeks pass quickly for you and that you have a great visit with Big Daddy in Minnesota.

Take care,

Jim
              "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Big Daddy indeed! I bet he's ready to smack you and MM is literally rolling on the floor laughing!

Shirley, I'm really glad you finally got through the red tape and got the appointment scheduled. Good luck!

Reenie
                Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Great News about your apointment! Send Ken to the store to stock up on trashy novels, for you, to keep you stationary, until your appointment. We'll all be waiting to hear what he has to say, regarding your future treatment. Start writig down your questions, as you think of them, to make the most of the appointment.
                  Hang in there, the time will pass & B4 you know it you'll be in summy Minn!
                  We're all praying for you
                  RONNIE

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                  X