If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr. appt

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

shirleymahoney Born In Tulsa Oklahoma and have a wonderful husband and 2 great children Find out more about shirleymahoney
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lisa Salberg
    replied
    Re: Dr. appt

A second opinion is a great idea - Boston is great - but Mayo, Cleveland or Miinneapolis Heart would also be great -- just get the 2nd!!

Lisa

Leave a comment:

• cynthiaG
    replied

Shirley,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I agree with Lisa...please get an opinion at NEMC in Boston...take care

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie
    replied

Shirley-

I'm so very sorry your condition is heading to the "transplant" decision. Whatever decision you make & whenever you make it - it will be the right decision for you. I would defnitely agree with Lisa, regarding another opinion & evaluation.

I pray you continue to have the strength & faith to continue marching. We are all here for you.

Leave a comment:

• Heartmans Wife
    replied

Shirley-

Just wanted to let you know you're in my thoughts and prayers. Keep having that PMA!

Ange

Leave a comment:

• shirleymahoney
    replied

Thanks for all the reply guys they mean a lot to me, Ester i have my good days and my bad days just like everyone else here, I have alot to think about , i know whatever decission is made it will be the right one for me...i'm trying to take care of myself so if i decide to have the heart transplant it will be much easier for me but thanks again everyone

Shirley

Leave a comment:

• angall
    replied

Hi Shirley
    I have been reading your posts concerning your condition for quite some time. I've wanted to respond to them, but I didn't know how to put into words how I feel. First...I get angry when I think of all that you are going through. You are so very young. Second...I am so grateful that there are options for you to consider. Third..I am amazed as to how strong you are and how you can cope with all of the ups and downs you have been going through. I know some day I will have to make the same decision that you are right now. I hope I can be as strong as you.
    I keep you in my prayers.

Leave a comment:

• Glen Beamish
    replied

Shirley, I'm really sorry to here your news.
    You sound like your handling it as well as possible, you know you will be in all our thoughts, so stay positive and we'll all pray for a positive outcome.
    Good luck & Stay Well!

Leave a comment:

• Linda
    replied

Shirley, Thinking of you, sending prayers and best wishes your way. You've been such a strong force of encouragement to others and we're all here for you too. Linda

Leave a comment:

• Pam Alexson
    replied

Shirley , I am sorry you have to face this ,but Lisa is correct try to keep as positive and focused as possible , on the good things that will come your way. I agree an HCM Center would be a good thing at this time. . New England is only around the corner from you or up the coast anyway . You know I am thinking of you and lean on us all through these tough times . Pam

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    replied

Stay positive and focus on the future my dear friend!!

How about hitting an HCM center soon... please

Big hugs!
    Lisa

Leave a comment:

• shirleymahoney
    started a topic Dr. appt

Dr. appt

Ok i have returned from my PCP doc and he feels i should be on the Transplant list also and i should get another opinion also he said when the time comes he will send me himself, and Dr. Gilligan's office called and wanted to know how much verapamil i was on and is thinking of increasing from the 240 mg to what ever they have not called back yet and i was also told to start wear my oxygen more then just at night, he said he thinks these headaches are from low oxygen being i'm white around my mouth and my nail brds are a little purple at times i will give more info i as i get it everyone have a great day

Shirley

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X