If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Next Newsletter

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Next Newsletter

[The Next Newsletter]

Author: Board Moderator--Sarah Beckley (---.dsl.mindspring.com)

Date: 06-03-02 22:22

Dear All:

We are starting to plan the next newsletter and are wondering if anyone has any suggestions on things they'd like to see in this, or future, newsletters.

Please post suggestions here and I'll be compiling them. If you don't want to share your suggestion with the board, please e-mail me directly.

Thanks,

Sarah

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: The Next Newsletter]

Author: lisa (208.47.172.---)

Date: 06-05-02 11:07

Hello all...

Please remember this is YOUR HCMA. We want to provide you with the information you need to live your lives. Your input is KEY...let us know what your thinking!

Thanks,

Lisa Salberg

President

HCMA

Author: Steve (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 06-05-02 17:39

Hello, I would like to have info from the annual meeting in the news letter. Summaries of what the speakers said. Maybe even a special edition newsletter with the meeting topics? Maybe to much to hope for, but you asked. Thnks for all you do, and keep up the god work!!!

Date: 06-05-02 18:45

Dear Steve,

We will definitely have some of the info from the meeting available in the newsletter.

Thanks,

Sarah

Author: TM (---.divernon.hansoninfosys.com)

Date: 06-05-02 22:53

I'm with Steve. I was really disappointed that it worked out my wife and I could not attend this year, especially being new to the HCMA in 2001/2002. It would be great to hear a summary of the meeting's topics with special emphasis placed on any new breakthroughs, good or bad.

Thanks much, Sarah.

Your fellow Illinoisan-

Tom

Author: John (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)

Date: 06-06-02 18:50

As a lifelong HCM patient (had a myectomy seven years ago, am on my 2nd pacemaker and right now am going thru A-Fib for the 3rd time since surgery) and a former school board member here in Texas, I have been watching each school year the number of high school (and even college) athletes who drop dead on the practice field or in a game because of HCM. The media reports it as heat stroke or drugs but a recent case in Houston this past school year highlighted the fact that this particular athlete had HCM but didn't know it. As we all know, that is often the case. THere is a doctor in Austin, TX who has gotten his colleagues together and they do echo screening free of charge for the athletic departments of the various schools when the students first sign up for athletics, football, etc. I'm working on a similar program in Houston and we hope to join forces.

I'd be glad to write an article on this topic if you're interested. Drop me a line on my email and I'll be glad to give you more information on how to contact me, etc.

John

Date: 06-06-02 19:11

Dear John

Have you talked to Lisa about your program as other HCM parents are doing the same or similar and Lisa can hook you up. Please call the office at 973-983-7429.

Sarah

Author: Lisa (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 06-07-02 09:05

John -

Please do call the office we have people working on just this topic and would love to get you involved with them. Please feel free to draft an article and I will review it and get back to you, I can not see any problem running it!

Thanks to all for your input...keep it coming!

Lisa Salberg

HCMA
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.
Working...
X