If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is Burt?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Shirls_6 Find out more about Shirls_6
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Burt?

I have not seen Burt here today - did he say that he was going into the hospital this week? has anyone heard from him? just missing him from here today that is why I am asking.

Shirls
    \"With God all things are possible - remember He is still in the miracle business - just trust Him and keep the Faith\"

Re: Where is Burt?

I don't know. Maybe he had to take his wife to the doctor...he's a busy guy...hope everything is o.k.
    \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

That's a very good question... where IS Burt? He mentioned that he might be going into the hospital and i'm wondering if this is the case. Anyone know?
      "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Hey Everyone,

I just got off of the phone with Burt and he is in the hospital. He went in last night with CHF issues, and ended up spending 18 hours on a gurney in the ER before they had a room available for him. He didn't get to his room until about 2:30 this afternoon.

He is also having some trouble with his potassium level as well, which is very low and has caused some terrible cramps in his legs. Right now the poor guy can barely walk without assistance. They were hanging a new IV bag of potassium on him while we chatted, and he hopes that this will clear that problem up. The swelling in his legs seems to be a bit better tonight, and he mentioned that his lungs are clearing up as well, so hopefully he'll be released tomorrow. He sounded pretty good considering the night he had.

His cellphone number is (702) 510-7731 and he said it would be fine if anybody wanted to call him. He's in Nevada so it's still pretty early there... about 4:45 pm as i post this.

Jim

P.S. I spoke with Mary tonight as well... she is still in the hospital and i will post that info under her thread.
        "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Burt, Burt, Burt,
          I know you will read this soon, and just want you and Mary to know that I will be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. I am not comfortable calling, so this is how I will reach out. All of us on this message board care about you... you are both an important part of it.

Take care, and please, everyone, keep us updated.

Debbie

Comment

Hi everyone

I just talked with burt, he is pretty wiped out to say the least, they are now pumping IV potassium into him as the pills didn't work they gave him earlier, he is in pain from that (his shoulder), he sounds like he is wiped out, but he says hi and he will be on as soon as he is able, i told him that i would post also. I hope Burt gets well and is back on here with his humor soon I for one really miss that daily humor from him

Shirley
            Diagnosed 2003
            Myectomy 2-23-2004
            Husband: Ken
            Son: John diagnosed 2004
            Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Bert,
              We miss you! Get out of that hospital and tell us all about it in your inimitable way, in which we aren't sure whether to laugh or cry, but usually choose to laugh with you!!!
              Rhoda

Comment

Get Well Burt!
                Jen

Comment

Thanks for finding Burt. I do hope that everything goes well for him he is really a lot of fun and I do enjoy reading his comments. Although I am a newbie here I usually look out for the regulars on a daily basis to make sure that everyone is well and accounted for

God's continued blessings and guidance to everyone.

Shirls
                  \"With God all things are possible - remember He is still in the miracle business - just trust Him and keep the Faith\"

Comment

Get well soon, Burt.

We miss you!!

Ange

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Burt! Hurry back and tell us all about those nurses

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Lisa
                      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                      Currently not obstructed
                      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Burt, hurry up and get out of the hospital, I still intend to see you when I get down there to make my deposit in Vegas.
                        Good Luck & Stay Well!
                        Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
                        So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
                        Good luck and stay well.
                        Glen

Comment

Burt,

Hope things are working out for you. Keep a PMA and hope to hear from you soon. Get well...

Tigger1
                          " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

Burt , I'm thinking about you and sending lots of special prayers your way . We all miss you Mr. Funny. Get well and outa the hospital soon.

Pam
                            Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
                            Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
                            Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
                            SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
                            [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                            Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
                            Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
                            Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Burt,

Your in our thoughts.
                              Get well soon.

Stuart & Barbara
                              Cleveland Myectomy Club
                              August 31, 2004

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...