If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I C D is great

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I C D is great

[I C D is great]

Author: Gord (---.reverse.accesscomm.ca)

Date: 06-01-02 10:41

Just got home from surgery. I feel better than before the procedure.

I' ve had this all my life and don't understand why it gets thicker or you reach a point of feeling it's better. Maybe it's the drugs, but this device has changed my

life.

The day out of hospital I walked for miles and did not get tired, exhusted or out of breath. Right now my heart is in training, the device is working at 80 % .

The down side is the sore shoulder and not much sleep( short naps make you feel well rested). Trying to space out naps and getting some exercise(mild).

If any body wants to know more of the affects of before and after. I will answer your questions.

P.S. Edmonton University Hospital is geat place to have it done the staff ar excellent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: I C D is great]

Author: Bob (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 06-01-02 16:21

Hi Gord,

I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. Is the 80% you mentioned the pacing being performed by the device? Dou you have dual chamber pacing, as I do? If not, then I'm a little confused because the ICD function itself normally only triggers in an emergecncy. I'm just curious what the ICD is doing that makes youu feel better?

Welcome Aboard?

Bob

[congrats]

Author: Ronnie (---.tnt1.columbus.ms.temp.da.uu.net)

Date: 06-02-02 08:09

glad you are feeling better. I received my ICD about 1 month ago and I am feeling great also. Take care of yourself for the first couple of weeks to protect the leads. Good luck

Author: Gord (---.reverse.accesscomm.ca)

Date: 06-02-02 21:26

I do applogize on that but this model controls the arrthyimas. There are three leads,one of which is reciever. As the heart beats it detects, and reacts to or counter reacts to the what is going on. The 80 % is control factor of which the device is in control. After 6 weeks, my first visit back to docs they will turn it down some. This actually get the heart in a pattern and hopefully it will hold the pattern.

Asd for me i just have an aeorta valve that is in an hour glass shape and the bottom of my heart is quite thick( don't have the stats on thickness yet).

Author: lisa (208.47.172.---)

Date: 06-05-02 11:12

I believe you are refering to a "biVentricular" unit, they are rather new. I am curious as to why they choose a biV unit, when were you diagnosed and how old are you? if you do not wish to respond to the board please email me directly. I am very interested in your situation.

Thank you,

Lisa Salberg

President

HCMA

973-983-7429

Author: Lorie (---.reverse.accesscomm.ca)

Date: 06-28-02 04:22

Hi Lisa, I answered you're question to my husband in my posting Hubby Had ICD. Any more question and both Gord and I will answer.

Lorie
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X