If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autoimmune disorders and hcm

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Abbygirl2 Find out more about Abbygirl2
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pam Alexson
    replied
    Re: Autoimmune disorders and hcm

Is this similar or referring to such things as amylodosis or sarcoidosis or even Lupus, there may be others. I may be wrong but are you asking if they could be the route of HCM or that they are in conjunction with HCM. There are those who have these diseases and have also found out they have one of these. It is rare but it can occur as I believe. When I was first diagnosed or thought to have HCM these diseases as well as prolonged untreated hypertension, heavy metal deposits and high hematocrit levels and even elevated growth hormone levels were discussed with me as possible precursors to HCM or that it would be a genetic based disease. I'm not sure this is what you are referring to , if not , just disregard. Pam

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    replied
    Re: Autoimmune disorders and hcm

I have heard this before, yet have yet to see proof that this is the case. If I see anything new - you can be sure i will let you all know.

Lisa

Leave a comment:

• Abbygirl2
    started a topic Autoimmune disorders and hcm

Autoimmune disorders and hcm

My other post is novel length so I'll keep this short and sweet.

I found some info the other day that claimed a possible link between 'some' cases of HCM and 'some' systemic autoimmune disorders.

Has anyone else ever heard of this?

Thanks

Pam

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X