If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

update on my mom

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

shirleymahoney Born In Tulsa Oklahoma and have a wonderful husband and 2 great children Find out more about shirleymahoney
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: update on my mom

Shirley,

Glad to hear that you've started getting some answers to all this crap you've been going through. As you can see, a whole lot of people have been concerned about you and want to see you get better real soon.

Take care,

Jim
    "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Hi, Shirley!
      I enjoyed meeting you, as well. I am still praying that you can find a good answer that will enable you to enjoy those wonderful grandchildren!
      Rhoda

Comment

Hey Jim,
        That myectomy has done absolute wonders for your appearance. You donít look anything like that grumpy, flooded balloon of a man we knew just a few months ago. Tell me, how are you doing with that good old physical therapy? Do they have you hopping?

Tell me, when do we get to see the real you?
        Burt

Comment

Hi Burton,

I STILL have yet to start cardiac rehab... it's a long frustrating story that I don't want to go into at this moment, but with any luck i'll be starting that next week. I should have started about three to four weeks ago... arrrrrgh! And by the way... you'll see the 'real' me when i lose my HCM weight and take a new photo for you. Until then my friend, i'm afraid you'll just have to make do with 'mini-me'.

Jim
          "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Shirley,

BIG hugs to you and best of luck...you will be in my thoughts and prayers

Cynthia
            \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Jim & Shirley,
              I await word on both of your medical improvements. Letís not dilly-dally people.

On the home front Ė my PCP ordered an ultrasound of my legs to see how them there good old stenosis are doing. I also got a call from my new cardiologistís nurse. I take Lasix daily and Metolazone every third day. Now he wants me to take both daily for a few days, and if the water in my legs doesnít subside by Wednesday, Iím to report my boney behind to the ER.

I told her that she first tried to reach me on Friday, and my whole family will be in town this weekend to celebrate my birthday, so Iíll start both water pills tomorrow, and if things donít improve by Monday, Iíll go to the ER then. If I go there I just know they will throw me into a room Ė again. Well, if I donít go for the ultrasound of my legs before then, maybe we could kill two stones with just one bird. And the beat goes on. Iíd like to see what they do about my cholesterol and diabetes problems. The dietitian couldnít handle it last time.

Isnít this fun people?
              Burt

Comment

Well Burt

Have a great BIRTHDAY and enjoy your family and try to stay out of the hospital believe me it is no fun well you already know this huh

Shirley
                Diagnosed 2003
                Myectomy 2-23-2004
                Husband: Ken
                Son: John diagnosed 2004
                Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Happy 72nd birthday, Bert!

Have a good year and stay out of the hospital!

Rhoda

Comment

Bert - what day is your birthday? Mine is the 9th! Oh my we are both Leos - that figures!

Lisa
                    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                    Currently not obstructed
                    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Happy Birthday Burton. You don't look a day over 100...

Tigger1
                      " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

Hi Lisa,
                        My birthday is Saturday the 7th Ė I guess that makes me two days older then you. How come you look so much better then I do? Huh? For two days?

All Iíve got left for personal pleasure is eating Ė and everybody tries to steal that away from me too. Last night we went to a restaurant and I ordered shrimp scampi over pasta, with sun dried tomatoes and capers. It was delicious. The waitress saw me take my insulin shot and came over and balled me out for eating pasta. Now even strangers ruin my enjoyment by telling me what I can and can not eat. I just might give up eating altogether and tell them all to go fly a kite. I canít have even one meal in peace without somebody telling me what Iím eating is bad for me. Geez!
                        Burt

Comment

i know burt i get that here too but for the most part i try to eat healthy...... but again happy birthday and you are a big boy eat and be happy for one day.....my dads birthday is the 9th he and lisa share the same special day

Shirley
                          Diagnosed 2003
                          Myectomy 2-23-2004
                          Husband: Ken
                          Son: John diagnosed 2004
                          Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Shirley,

Your dad and Lisa are the same age? My goodness.

Burt

Comment

Happy Birthday to you, Burt!! And many more. Two food stories: First, my sister decided that my husband couldn't be "as sick as she was told because he isn't on a special diet". Second, my father will be 84 on the 22nd - another Leo in the midst. When he gets any remarks on his eating habits he tells them just what you said previously - he has one enjoyment left in life and he's lived this long eating what he wants to, don't take that away from him!! Keep enjoying :P

Ange

Comment

Angie,
                                Youíre absolutely right. You find as the years roll by that sex isnít everything - - Darn it. Actually I do eat a generally sensible diet, but now and again I feel itís time to enjoy myself. I take an extra large shot of insulin and have some carbs. You canít live on proteins alone Ė at least my kidneys wouldnít let me, and fruits and vegetables can go just so far in making an enjoyable meal. The repetition gets to you after awhile.

Tell your dad ĎHií from an equally intelligent human being. (Gastronome, my gastronome.) Burt

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                                X