If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back to see doctor Gilligan

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

shirleymahoney Born In Tulsa Oklahoma and have a wonderful husband and 2 great children Find out more about shirleymahoney
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to see doctor Gilligan

Cross your fingers for me i see the good doc today and i'm telling you i'm going to push for dr. Maron or one of his surgeons to take another look at me, and i also am picking up a copy of my entire record to take with me

Shirley
    Diagnosed 2003
    Myectomy 2-23-2004
    Husband: Ken
    Son: John diagnosed 2004
    Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Re: Back to see doctor Gilligan

Good luck Shirley and we're all hoping for a good outcome
    Good Luck & Stay Well.
    Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
    So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
    Good luck and stay well.
    Glen

Comment

Shiyley,

Good luck, and be sure to stop back as soon as you can and let us know what you find out!

Jim
      "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Hi Shirley
        I hope you finally get some good news. You have gone through so much already...you need answers!
        Please keep us informed of the outcome.
        Esther

Comment

Welcome back to Richmond, Shirley,

I hope your visit with Dr. Gilligan goes very well, and you get the referral you want!

Rhoda

Comment

Well

I'm back finally, after a long exam and talking with doctor Gilligan he said i needed to go back into the hospital, that there was defintly something wrong in there he says i have alot of pressure in my neck glands like my obstruction is still there he says it could be the fact that my heart is so stiff but with me not having my energy and the fact of all the fluid i'm retaining and the blood i cough up and the headaches i need to go back in and have some test run , the test consist of cat scan 2 Different Echos and a right and left sided heart cath to take a look at my heart and to messure gradients, i told him i need to know what is going on we talked about going to another center out of state, and i said something was going to have to happen soon that all this was stressing me bad, he said i understand you being depressed, he says would be too after all you have been through, he says hang in there and he will find out what is going on, so i guess i have no choice but to wait again maybe he will find out what it is

P.S doctor said that the surgeon took 1.5 x 2.3 cm of my septum and that i had no gradient after the surgery and that i was thick all the way down thru the apex of the heart but he did not feel comfotable going down that far so he left that part

Shirley
            Diagnosed 2003
            Myectomy 2-23-2004
            Husband: Ken
            Son: John diagnosed 2004
            Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

For the love of all that’s holy Shirley, It’s past time for you to be fixed up into the best possible shape your heart will allow. You’re much too young not to have your whole life back again.

I’ve had a particularly tough week, being touch and go with the ER a few times, but I made it through. And my diabetes is still way out of whack. I’m currently on 145 units of insulin, and still getting readings in the 200 to 380 range. It’s all I can do to stand up without passing out, and I had to stop three times getting to my car just across the street this afternoon.

On a happier note, I ran into someone at dinner that had the scooter I wanted to see, and I ordered one on the internet this evening. Mobility is on the way. The VA turned me down and suggested I exercise instead. Bless there dumb little minds.

So dear heart, please get yourself fixed up, and I’ll try and do the same – if I ever get to see my cardiologist again. Regards to iron man Ken.
              Burt

Comment

Shirly,

Stay positive and remember, everybody has you in their prayers.

Tigger1
                " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                X