If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off to Washington DC!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to Washington DC!

On Wed. Kelly and I will be attending a lunch at the Senate building - the topic "Sudden Cardiac Arrest". Bill Frist will be the key note speaker and members of congress and the senate will be there.

We hope to open discussion with out elected officials to find new ways to have our government help spread the word on SD!

The HCMA office will be closed on Wendsday July 14 so that we can attend this event.

Best wishes,
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Re: Off to Washington DC!

We(or atleast I) have no idea the amount of effort and time you put into making our lives better. What a great thing you all are doing. I wish you the best of luck and safe travelling.

Take care,
    Pam
    It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.

Dx in Feb/99. Obstructed. No ICD, no surgeries, no family history. 2 sons ages 14 and 6.

Comment

Good luck with the luncheon! Try to remember to take in a couple of sites while you are there, and don't forget that camera!

Reenie
      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

This trip to Washington is the tip of the iceburg my friends! The HCMA is out to change the landscape in terms of the general publics understanding of this disease. We are going to need YOUR help!!

We have some big dreams here - all of which come down to a very basic goal - to improve the lives of all of those living with HCM. To improve lives we must first ID those with HCM - this is a BIG challange.

Take care,
        Lisa

Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Currently not obstructed

Comment

Lisa

We all here will keep our fingers crossed for you guys and take a tour of the White House while you are there it is a one of a kind site and one you will remember for the rest of your life, have fun

Shirley
          Diagnosed 2003
          Myectomy 2-23-2004
          Husband: Ken
          Son: John diagnosed 2004
          Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Lisa-

Have a great trip and best of luck. I don't know what we'd do without you and Kelly

Ange

Comment

Thanks for the l kind note!

We will fill you in ASAP!

Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Have a great & fulfilling trip!

Thanks for all you all do!

Give them our stories,let them know US.

Godspeed
                Laura
                Laura Johnson

Comment

Laura,
                  I will surely do just that!

Your voices will be heard!!

Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Have a great trip (I know you are already on your way)! My thoughts & prayers will be with you and Kelly today. Our stories are the key to unlocking the hearts of many in Washington. You have the floor my dear, it's time to use it to our benefit.

Let us know how we can help. You can count on me for my full support and involvement.

Blessings for a wonderful trip!
                    Sharon

Comment

Me too Lisa, anything i can do to help all you have to do is ask, and i will do what ever is nessasary to help, just tell them like it is and it could happen to them or one of there loved ones

Shirley
                      Diagnosed 2003
                      Myectomy 2-23-2004
                      Husband: Ken
                      Son: John diagnosed 2004
                      Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Hi Lisa

I know you will do your best today. You can count me in for helping in anyway. My email address is listed, send me an email and I will give you my phone #.
                        Maybe you will need people from different states? I am from Minnesota and I'm ready to help all that has been diagnosed and others that will be diagnosed with this horrible disease.
                        You GO GIRL!!

All my blessings
                        Esther

Comment

Back in NJ! What a great day!

The HCMA has joined a new alliance of other organizations with the goal of raising awareness of sudden death. This alliance will be focusing on furthering efforts on legistation issues to begin with. YOU will be called to action when items require YOUR attention and the attention of your elected officials!!

Kelly and I met with Congresswoman C. McCarthy of NY. (picture to be posted soon on the photo album). I will be sending a complete report soon on this meeting and what YOU can do to help!!

It was a great day and a great start at raising awareness at a completely different level - hang on to your seats ...its gonna be a wild ride

Best wishes!
                          Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Thank you Lisa, for saving so many lives, for opening so many eyes, and treating so many hearts.

We love you!!!

Sarah

Comment

Photos are available on in the photo album!

Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X