If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

jujemendoza2002 Find out more about jujemendoza2002
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question

When I was a very small child before I even understood why my father died I remeber the sound of a heart beat turned my stumic, like to lay across someone's chest and hear their heart beat was hard for me. Of course I understand why now. Have any of you other hcmr's that had lost family member, even more so those that lost a mother or father at a young age that wants to share thoughts?
    Jen

Re: question

I didn't have that trouble, but when I used to cuddle my nephew's and nieces when they were babies, they would fuss and cry and not sleep if they were laying on my chest, but if I moved them to my lap, they were great. I figure it must have something to do with the strange sound of my heart beat.
    Life is too short to worry about the trival things in life, So live life to the fullest.

Comment

Hi Jen,

I guess i've had the opposite experience of Karen. Babies love it when i hold them... they fall asleep almost instantly! Although i would like to think that it's Uncle Jim's charming personality... it more than likely is my HCM-induced, extra-strong heartbeat. I've always thought it made sense really, since they spend nine months inside the womb so close to a strong beating heart. Interesting theory anyway.

Of course i haven't been able to hold any of my nieces or nephews since the myectomy... it'll be interesting to see if i still have the same effect without my pounding heart

Jim
      "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Jim,
        I would almost bet you'll still charm your nieces and nephews, even with-out the pounding beat beat. Take care!
        Jen

Comment

that's funny.... I just found out that i have HCM, and i have never thought of that before, but I have never been able to hold other people's babies with out them fussing. I wonder if that is why. My hubby has never had any trouble with babies. My kids tho, loved to snuggle me and sleep where they could hear my heart beat.

hum... something to think about.
          Julie - lilchickenbutt

Comment

When my daughter was an infant she used to lay on my chest and fall asleep while I lay on the couch watching TV.
            Strange, the dog used to like doing that also.
            I never thought of it that way, but it makes sense.
            Lilchickenbutt, must be a story behind that one?
            Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
            So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
            Good luck and stay well.
            Glen

Comment

pets seam to love laying on me too... my cat loves me, and he'll even fallow me from room to room, a cat mind you, but also, he was some one else cat, and he moved into our front porch, and he wouldn’t go home. I always thought it was cuz he loved me.

My name. my sister use to call me chickenbutt. I picked up the lil...
              Julie - lilchickenbutt

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
              X