If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mary S is at it again.

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Burton Borrok Find out more about Burton Borrok
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laoshur
    replied
    Re: Mary S is at it again.

It's been several days since a report from Mary. How's she doing? We all want to know!
    Rhoda

Leave a comment:

• Abbygirl2
    replied

I have been following this thread since the start and I am so worried about her. I sure hope they get to the bottom of all this. My heart truely goes out to Mary. Take care of yourself sweetheart, we need you here.

I'll be thinking about you ....

Pam

Leave a comment:

• Burton Borrok
    replied

Hi Reenie,
    I passed your good wishes on to Mary, and she appreciated them. She can’t go very far from her bed – maybe one step – so when you call and don’t get her, try again in a few minutes to a half hour. She won’t answer the phone if the nurse or doctor is with her, or if she gets pushed off for some test or other. Aside from that she would love to talk to people.

This hospital is over thirty miles from her home, and not many of her friends are visiting, so the days get long. Her PCP visited her the other evening and brought her some food and Ice Cream. Her stomach is still not fully settled and they keep bringing her meat meals, which she doesn’t do well on because of her Crohn's Disease. Her nurse and I both told her to call the kitchen and get the menu changed, but she’s on another narcotic and she gets a bit spacey from time to time. She’s been getting by with the turkey sandwiches they have in the ward.

So far, Jim’s and my calls are the only one’s she’s gotten, and she sure could use some cheering up. They are still trying to identify what her problem was/is, and laying there in bed with the uncertainty can really get to you. During the two hours she was out, her ICD only recorded some fluttering, so they do not think it was HCM related – so far. The diagnosis is ‘pending’.
    Burt

Leave a comment:

• Reenie
    replied

I tried to call yesterday and got no answer at her bed. Thanks for the update.

Reenie

Leave a comment:

• mtlieb
    replied

Hi Folks,

I spoke to Mary last night, and again this evening... there just doesn't seem to be an end to the poor girl's troubles. She had an allergic reaction to the morphine this morning and didn't have such a fun time with that. They still don't know what caused her blackout and it looks like she's going to be there in the hospital for a while longer while they run more tests. I know Burton calls her regularly, and posted her number elsewhere on the board, but i thought i'd post it again here if anyone would like to call. She sounds like she could use all the friendly words she can get right now, and seemed eager to hear from people.

Mary Sharp
    (407) 303-8110
    Room 212
    Bed 2

Thanks,

Jim

Leave a comment:

• mtlieb
    replied

Mary,

So glad to hear that you are back home, buddy! Let's hope you don't have to go back there anytime soon, shall we? Oh... and no lectures from me. I haven't exactly been a brainiac lately either

I'll call or chat you soon,

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Glen Beamish
    replied

Mary, good to see your feeling better.
    No more lectures, just get better.

Leave a comment:

• Laoshur
    replied

Mary,

We're just glad you're home and doing somewhat better! Have a good rest and don't believe the lie that you are only worth what you accomplish. You are worth a lot to all of us if you just sit or lie around and relax (at least as long as you keep posting here so we know you are OK ).

Rhoda

Leave a comment:

• Toogoofy317
    replied

Well,

I'm home and feeling a bit tired still. I'm kicking myself in the hind end for this little escapade. How could I have been so stupid. I've gotten plenty of lectures already but the big one will be on the 13th. My local cardiologist was quite upset. And I guess he has every right to.

I just was feeling so good and then I had to ruin it for myself. Maybe with a few days rest I'll be up to doing some stuff. This whole sciatica thing has me down to. Pain down the back of my right leg. I also can't figure out what is up with all of these clots!

Anyhow, thanks for the pep talks and the lectures. Aunt Lisa and Grandpa Burt I'm so sorry for being an idiot

Mary S.

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    replied

I am on the phone with Mary. She said she is doing OK and may go home today!!!!!
    Her cell phone is working.

Lisa

Leave a comment:

• cynthiaG
    replied

Mary,
    Hang in there. We are all pulling for you!

Leave a comment:

• shirleymahoney
    replied

Mary

Hang in there hun, i can feel your pain with the fluid issue i have sooo much fluid on me i can't hardly move without pain, i go tomorrow to DMV and pick-up the form form my handicap plackard, Mary you are in my prayers girl rest and get well

Shirley

Leave a comment:

• Burton Borrok
    replied

Another update on Mary.
    I’m sorry; I talked to her this morning and then had to run to an endocrinologist appointment. This is the first chance I’ve had to post it.

They are going to check her problems with her right leg, - suspecting Sciatica.
    They did another scan of her left leg and found a blood clot behind the kneecap. She’s still on a Heparin drip, but thinks they will switch to stomach shots starting tomorrow.
    She’s still a bit woozy, gets SOB and tires easily, so I suspect she’s still getting some narcotic, has a continuing water problem and possibly CHF.

More to follow. I hope with better news.
    Burt

Leave a comment:

• cynthiaG
    replied

Mary,

From reading posts, I understand you are very young. I agree with what Donna posted. You're young and have the energy, but if you push it too much, that's what is going to happen --- ending up in the E.R. You've got to take care of yourself first.

Leave a comment:

• Donna
    replied

Mary, I know it is hard to slow donw when you are so young, but you need to say no sometimes. It is hard for people pleasers like you, you wish to help all that ask and the ones that don't ask.

We love you and care for you alot. So please take care of yourself or we will have to have Burt and Lisa come and sit on you till you learn to slow down. I am sorry for being a pain in the neck ( yeah, that's it, a pain in the neck not someplace else that my husband likes to call me.) We just worry about you.

Hope you get to go home soon. Let us know when you get home and that you are doing better.

Leave a comment:

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X