If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good news for Me...

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Tigger1 Find out more about Tigger1
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news for Me...

Went to the Dr. yesterday for my first check-up since my myectomy. Had several tests done before I went, EKG, echo, chest x-ray, CBC, and CMP.
    The Dr. said everything checked out fine and I was healing according to plan.

The only meds. I'm still on are lopressor and coumadin. He gave me the OK to start driving. I start cart rehab next week. Probably start back to work in about 6 weeks.

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging but this is all great news for my family and I.

When I hear all the problems that other people are having who have HCM, I start to feel guilty. I wish there was something I could do to help everyone feel as good as I'm starting to feel. PMA (positive mental attitude) is the first step. Always be positive and have faith in yourself. I will always be praying for everyone on this web-site.

My wife always told me when ever I started to get depressed That no matter how bad off I was, there is still a lot of people out there that are worse off than I am.

Please everyone out there, be strong, be positive and have faith...

Pat Ekardt
    (Tigger1)
    " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Re: Good news for Me...

Pat, great to hear your doing so well.
    Don't feel guilty, believe me, everyone here would wish this on anyone of us if it were possible, so it's great to here about the good outcomes.
    Good Luck and Stay Well.
    Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
    So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
    Good luck and stay well.
    Glen

Comment

Wonderful news!!!

Rhoda

Comment

I'm so happy for you!

Reenie
        Reenie

Husband has HCM.
        3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Don't feel guilty. It is always great to hear positive news about this scary condition. Gives us all hope.
          I wish you and your family all the best.

Take care
          Pam
          It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.

Dx in Feb/99. Obstructed. No ICD, no surgeries, no family history. 2 sons ages 14 and 6.

Comment

Hi Pat
            Great news!! You said you wish there was something you could do to help everyone feel as good as you are starting to feel. You have already....by letting us know your progress. You belong to a family of HCM'ers and when one person progressing, we all feel the excitement. When one is hurting or uncertain, we try to help. If nothing else, it shows that this family has a big heart Keep up the good work and I pray that you will continue to move ahead without any obsticles.
            Esther

Comment

Pat,

That's such great news! I'm so glad to hear that you are doing so well. You deserve it... in fact we all do! Don't ever be afraid to share your good news here, we love to hear it

Take care,

Jim
              "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

That is great news, it's nice when one of us gets good news. Hope you become a 100%

Shirley
                Diagnosed 2003
                Myectomy 2-23-2004
                Husband: Ken
                Son: John diagnosed 2004
                Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Pat,
                  I am thrilled for you! It is nice to see you healing and feeling so well.

Best wishes,
                  Lisa
                  Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                  YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                  lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                  Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                  Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                  Currently not obstructed
                  Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Pat,

that's wonderful you are feeling great! I couldn't have commented any better than Esther
                    \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Thank you, Cynthia. I just got to say it before others that are feeling the same. I agree with Pat. PMA has a lot to do with our future and yes, there are a lot of people that have worse health problems than I do. I think about the people with terminal cancer or children that are neglected or abused. I do thank God often for the full life I have been given. Not that I am ready to give up...far from it, but I have seen so much and loved so many and most of all I was given a daughter that, so far, does not show any signs of HCM. The future is for the young and young at heart.
                      Again, I am soooo happy for you, Pat. God bless.
                      Esther

Comment

It is ok to brag... My healing process was also uneventful a year and a half ago... it is always great to face the worst and come out ahead. Take care and good luck... It REALLY is nice to hear some good news....

Ginnilea
                        Heart nurse by day, Heart Patient by night

Comment

Pat

SUPER - SUPER - SUPER! I agree about PMA , I could never have gotten to rehab (after a Myectomy & then 7 months later Dble ByPass) without PMA.
                          Feel Great - you've earned it! Just think, you're going to feel better every day. You'll Love Rehab, I started last week & I look forward to this Highlight!
                          BE WELL
                          RONNIE

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                          X