If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

afib improvement

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

cynthiaG Find out more about cynthiaG
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• afib improvement

Has anyone had (or have) afib episodes that actually started to occur less frequently than before? For example, you had say one episode every 4-6 weeks and after a change in the dosage of a med or a different med, you had about one every 3-4 months?
    \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: afib improvement

c

when i went on dofetilide, i converted and stayed in sinus for about two years before it faded out. i was on norpace and that worked for ten years (before the dofetilide). sotalol didn't work for me. i haven't tried amiodarone.

S

Comment

Afib confuses me more and more. It's the most unpredictable beast I've run across.
      \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

yup. can't argue with that. i just keep breathing and hope for the best.

Comment

I have been on Norpace for 43 days w/o an Afib. Prior to that I was having to be cardioverted almost weekly. I hope it holds.....

Comment

Good luck Quinn. Welcome aboard...

Tigger1
            " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

Hi Quinn,
              Welcome to the site – and you are welcome here.

Also welcome to the wonderful world of self protection. Here you can learn all that’s currently knowable about this cock-a-mayme condition. You can use the ‘search’ function to find past postings on topics of interest to you, and of course you can always post yourself and get plenty of support from this very well informed group. I think that no matter what you’re dealing with, you’ll find people here that have “Been there – Done that.”

Then of course there’s Lisa Salberg – our founding angel and guardian. She can help you in just about any situation you can imagine – and Kelly, her staff angel isn’t very far behind.

So again, welcome. Hope to see you on the boards again soon.
              Burt

Comment

Thank you Burton - you again are far too sweet.

Best to all!
                Lisa
                Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                Currently not obstructed
                Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Cynthia,
                  When I first started having problems I would have to be cardioverted almost weekly, then had the ep studies and did well for about 3 years. When I moved to KC I started have ing problems again and was put on betapace, and didn't handle that very well and was switched to Covera and didn't have any problemsfor about two years until things started all over this year. So ya things seem to go in spurts.

I did go get cardioverted 2weeks ago and held great until tuesday and boom I'm back in afib and feeling worse than ever.
                  Scott Stanley

Heart Transplant June 14th 2005

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                  X