If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tachy episodes

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Toogoofy317 non-obstructed hcm, AICD 11-01-02 and 10-6-05 Find out more about Toogoofy317
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tachy episodes

This is so frustrating! I don't know what to do about these episodes. I just had an episode so bad that it woke me up. I was asleep and awoke gasping for breath and a heart rate of 145! I feeel my pulse pounding in my head and my bp is around 86/54.

Can anyone relate. I see the cardio on Tuesday but I'm getting real frustrated.
    these episodes only seem to happen at night.

Mary S

Re: tachy episodes

I can relate, Mary! I don't gasp for breath, but usually have them when I start to fall asleep or get them very early in the a.m. My pulse is all over the place so I don't know exactly what the rate usually is. I hate AFIB!
    My Boston doctors put me on Verapamil after I had to be cardioverted (just one time)....weeks later, another episode....dose increased....another episode...in the hospital started on Sotolol (an antiarrythimic)..was doing o.k. in hospital and 3 days later almost passed out at work and pulse went down to 40 bpm. Ended up in the hospital again. Saw my electrophysiologist in Boston the following week. ( By the way, after being on only a beta blocker for many years, I do not do well on them now for some reason. ) The Sotolol contains a beta blocker and what happened was my blood pressure went down too low. The electrophsiologist said that there are other treatments for my AFIB. There are antiarrythmics that are not beta blockers. For now, he wants to see how I do just on the verapamil..so far, so good. So, Mary, there are many options out there. Anytime you want someone to "talk" to, pm me. I can totally relate to this beast! Good luck and discuss it with your doctor.
    \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
    X