If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am home

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Midge Rollins Heart transplant March 04. Prior to that I had Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. I am an independent Norwex consultant. Visit my web site www.midgerollins.norwex.biz Find out more about Midge Rollins
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am home

I am happy to report that I am home and doing pretty well. Not jogging yet but exercising 30-40 min. a day 6 days a week. Have not done that in years. I made it home a week before my 3 months. I will go back monthly for 3 months for more biopsies but that is no big deal. My transplant was March 19th. I feel so blessed and very gratefu to the donor family. Now, if I just have patience and don't over do. Even x-HCMers still try to do that. Thanks, everyone for all your support over the last 3 years or so. I will continue to be part of this group as it is a wonderful support system. Stay positive all of you that is the most important part of health. I am convinced that is one reason I came through all this so well. Take care and God Bless you .
    Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
    ICD&Pacemaker 1996
    Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
    Mom of Kaye.

Re: I am home

Fantastic news Midge,

Now stay well, and please keep in touch. It must be great being in your own home and sleeping in your own bed again. Best regards to your whole family.

Burt

Comment

Dear Midge,
      Blessings to you for such a hard road traveled! I wish you all the best and you are welcome here anytime. Even x-HCMer's need a home!

Love,
      Sharon

Comment

Yes Midge please come back to visit with us, Iam so happy for you you take care of yourself and God Bless You

Shirley
        Diagnosed 2003
        Myectomy 2-23-2004
        Husband: Ken
        Son: John diagnosed 2004
        Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Midge!!

It is so good to hear from you, and learn that you are back home and doing well. Thank you for letting us know! Be sure to stop back when you have the time and tell us all about your experience.

Take care,

Jim
          "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Midge,
            so glad you are home and doing well. Please stay in touch...take care
            \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Jim,
              how are you doing??
              \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Midge, you sound in great spirits, it's like you have a new lease on life.
                Enjoy it to the fullest and let us know how you keep improving.
                Good Luck & Stay Well.
                Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
                So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
                Good luck and stay well.
                Glen

Comment

I'm so glad you're home!

Reenie
                  Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                  3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Midge...Great news. Now keep that POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE and you will go places.

Tigger1
                    " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

Midge,

It gives us all hope! You are a special person.

Mary S.

Comment

Dear Midge,

How wonderful!!! We are all so happy with you and hope you won't feel like a visitor here but like this is also a place to come home to! So, come stay with us for awhile.

Rhoda

Comment

Midge,
                          You are an amazing person who has truly made the best of a bad situation. You maintained a positive attitude when others may not have. You have inspired so many with your journey and I hope you have a smooth road ahead.
                          God Bless you and your new heart, it has a wonderful home!

Sincerely,
                          Lisa
                          Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                          YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                          lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                          Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                          Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                          Currently not obstructed
                          Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Hi Midge, I am so happy you are home and recovering in the comforts of your own space. Sounds like you have accomplished so much in a relatively short time . May you continue to grow stronger each day , what a wonderfull time for you and your family. Keep us posted , we all care. Pam
                            Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
                            Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
                            Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
                            SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
                            [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                            Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
                            Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
                            Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Midge-
                              I hope you have a much easier road, going forward. You are very Brave & Courageous. We would all certainly benefit from all you choose to share. May you have many more GOOD DAYS, than bad.
                              BE WELL
                              RONNIE

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X