If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim's surgery

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim's surgery

[Jim's surgery]

Author: Kay Ruth (---.as0.wlby.oh.voyager.net)

Date: 05-24-02 21:53

Hi all.

My husband Jim just underwent surgery for a myectomy on Wednesday.He came through it very well,and was doing good yesterday.Last night was bad for him, but I suppose he will have many ups and downs before he heals. This message board put us on the right track to get the proper help we needed from Dr .Lever at the Cleveland clinic. We learned so much from hcma. Thanks for all the great info. We feel we are not alone with this anymore reading other peoples

experiences and relating to them.

Kay Ruth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Jim's surgery]

Author: sarah beckley -moderator (---.dsl.mindspring.com)

Date: 05-24-02 23:30

Dear Kay

Glad to be of service. Thanks for keeping us posted on Jim's progress. We'll all pulling for a speedy recovery.

Take care,

Sarah

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 05-25-02 16:03

Kay,

I am happy to hear Jim is in good hands and receiving the care he needs. Things will not be better over night...it will take sometime for him to feel the benefits. But I can say that I have known so many memeber who have had the same procedure ...and many at the same center ... and the overwhelming number have had significant improvements in quality of life!

Keep us up to date and please send my regards to Jim... and the staff at Cleveland.

Sincerely,

Lisa Salberg

President,

HCMA

Author: Kay Ruth (---.as0.wlby.oh.voyager.net)

Date: 05-25-02 20:25

Hi, I realize this is a slow process of healing .He keeps going into a-fib,They were going shock him but so far the meds have worked.Unfortunately the drug makes him nauseous. By the way Lisa,Dr. Lever said great things about you and your book, helps people like us who don't understand all the medical jargon.

thanks Kay

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 05-29-02 16:19

HI,

Just checking in to see how Jim is doing. I hope all is going well and please know my thoughts are with you.

Best Wishes,

Lisa Salberg

President

HCMA
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X