If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HCMA Meeting 2004 - the aftermath!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lisa Salberg
    replied
    Re: HCMA Meeting 2004 - the aftermath!

I am thrilled to hear you are on your way to quality care! That is what the HCMA is all about!!

Best wishes,
    Lisa

Leave a comment:

• Heartmans Wife
    replied

I didn't post anything about the meeting before, but just wanted to add my thanks and congratulations for a wonderful, fantastic, stupendous meeting!! It was more than I ever expected Not only did I learn so much about HCM, but I got to meet so many wonderful people, too Lisa, just wanted to let you know, too that we'll be in Boston on August 13 for Alan's appointment with Dr. Maron. (You know, it wasn't until the meeting that he actually admitted to me that his symptoms were getting worse.) Anyway, hugs to all and again, THANKS

Leave a comment:

• Reenie
    replied

We'll all be glad to meet you!

Reenie

Leave a comment:

• MWong
    replied

It's a shame that I found HCMA and this board a few weeks to late as I would have loved to attend. Better late than never. I'm definitely going to try my best to attend next year.

Leave a comment:

• mtlieb
    replied

Originally posted by felixdacat
    ...Jim, I will say that now that I've met with Dr. Lever and heard what he had to say, I am VERY impressed with the man. He is a solid straight shooter who doesn't pull any punches. You are in good hands.
    I couldn't agree more, Felix! You know us po' country folk don't always take a shine to those 'big city' docs right quick, but once my addled brain accelerated to match the speed at which things were being discussed, all has been fine. I couldn't be more pleased with the CCF folks! Surely my smooth, quick recovery from the myectomy speaks volumes as to the level of skill there

How many other patients do you know that crave Pizza Hut almost immediately after leaving the ICU? LoL. Okay, maybe all that says is that i'm a pig... but nonetheless, i have never returned to my 'old self' quite so fast after a major surgery!

Jim

Leave a comment:

• SharonBates
    replied

Hi Amy,
    It was great to meet you at the meeting and learn about the grand stuff going on with the Cardiomyopathy Assoc. in the UK! When is your meeting? It would be loads of fun to find the time in my busy schedule and attend your meeting. I would love to showcase my video, "What is HCM?" for your members & doctors alike.

Hope all is well and you had fun in CO, too.
    Best Regards,
    Sharon

www.AnthonyBates.org

Leave a comment:

• cynthiaG
    replied

Amy,

welcome to the board! The conference was great....Lisa is unbelievable! It was a pleasure to meet with you. Thank you for all of your answers to questions my husband and I had at dinner. Take care....

Leave a comment:

• amywill9
    replied

Lisa and all,

The meeting was fab! I just got back a few days ago. It was well worth the trip across the Atlantic. I learned loads, and we will likely steal a few of you ideas for our meeting.

Regards,
    Amy

Leave a comment:

• SharonBates
    replied

I made it back to Arizona after a long weekend in New Jersey...wow! it is sure hot here. Don't get me wrong, I like the heat, it's just a big difference from NJ weather.

Thanks again to everyone infront of and behind the scenes at the HCMA Annual Meeting.

You are all angels on earth and make our Lisa look so great! Keep up the great work you guys and you know you can count on me and many others for our continued support in the future.

A special thanks to you Lisa! Without your drive and enthusiasm we would be "rutterless" and have less direction. Keep us going forward and you know I would follow you anywhere.

Blessings,
    Sharon

Leave a comment:

• Reenie
    replied

Cynthia, I haven't done this myself, but here is a link to post your picture as your avatar. http://www.4hcm.org/phpBB2/viewtopic...ghlight=avatar I'll look back through the pictures of the meeting later.

Reenie

Leave a comment:

• cynthiaG
    replied

oh, thanks Reenie....I know you were there but could not remember what you looked like (from last year's conference). I will download a few pics from the conference (I think there are a couple of Lisa and me) , but I don't know of an easy way to post the picture in an avatar...??

Leave a comment:

• murrayfan33
    replied

I too was very impressed with the way thingd turned out. Lisa and Kelly, Linda, Lynn, and everyone did a smashing job, as did everyone else. Looking forward to next year !!!!

Leave a comment:

• Tim Stewart
    replied

Originally posted by Lisa Salberg
    Just a fast follow up...
    I will take some time to add captions on the photo gallery in a few days.

HEY Tim...I forgot my password to that again...opps...HELP

Also the one noted as NASPE 2004 is really ACC 2004... details details!

Lisa
    LISA: Password was reset and PM to you .... I also renamed the NASPE to ACC for you.

If anyone else has pictures that they would want uploaded, please send them to me or Lisa and we can upload them for you.

We had an awesome time this year and look forward to the next one as they keep getting better and better!!!

Leave a comment:

• felixdacat
    replied

If Jim ever gets around to reading this, I was the guilty party.
    Actually, Lisa misquoted me. I said "Representing the message board, I want to tell Dr. Lever that we love Jim and are glad he is in his care".
    Knowing that Jim was not 100% happy with all the decisions that had been made last week, I wanted to tell Dr. Lever that Jim was someone we cared about in a diplomatic way.
    Jim, I will say that now that I've met with Dr. Lever and heard what he had to say, I am VERY impressed with the man. He is a solid straight shooter who doesn't pull any punches. You are in good hands.

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    replied

Just a fast follow up...
    I will take some time to add captions on the photo gallery in a few days.

HEY Tim...I forgot my password to that again...opps...HELP

Also the one noted as NASPE 2004 is really ACC 2004... details details!

Lisa

Leave a comment:

Working...
X