If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HCMA Meeting 2004 - the aftermath!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HCMA Meeting 2004 - the aftermath!

Hi Amy,
    It was great to meet you at the meeting and learn about the grand stuff going on with the Cardiomyopathy Assoc. in the UK! When is your meeting? It would be loads of fun to find the time in my busy schedule and attend your meeting. I would love to showcase my video, "What is HCM?" for your members & doctors alike.

Hope all is well and you had fun in CO, too.
    Best Regards,
    Sharon

www.AnthonyBates.org

Comment

Originally posted by felixdacat
      ...Jim, I will say that now that I've met with Dr. Lever and heard what he had to say, I am VERY impressed with the man. He is a solid straight shooter who doesn't pull any punches. You are in good hands.
      I couldn't agree more, Felix! You know us po' country folk don't always take a shine to those 'big city' docs right quick, but once my addled brain accelerated to match the speed at which things were being discussed, all has been fine. I couldn't be more pleased with the CCF folks! Surely my smooth, quick recovery from the myectomy speaks volumes as to the level of skill there

How many other patients do you know that crave Pizza Hut almost immediately after leaving the ICU? LoL. Okay, maybe all that says is that i'm a pig... but nonetheless, i have never returned to my 'old self' quite so fast after a major surgery!

Jim
      "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

It's a shame that I found HCMA and this board a few weeks to late as I would have loved to attend. Better late than never. I'm definitely going to try my best to attend next year.

Comment

We'll all be glad to meet you!

Reenie
          Reenie

Husband has HCM.
          3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

I didn't post anything about the meeting before, but just wanted to add my thanks and congratulations for a wonderful, fantastic, stupendous meeting!! It was more than I ever expected Not only did I learn so much about HCM, but I got to meet so many wonderful people, too Lisa, just wanted to let you know, too that we'll be in Boston on August 13 for Alan's appointment with Dr. Maron. (You know, it wasn't until the meeting that he actually admitted to me that his symptoms were getting worse.) Anyway, hugs to all and again, THANKS

Comment

I am thrilled to hear you are on your way to quality care! That is what the HCMA is all about!!

Best wishes,
              Lisa
              Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
              YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
              lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
              Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
              Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
              Currently not obstructed
              Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Working...
              X