If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HCMA Meeting 2004 - the aftermath!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCMA Meeting 2004 - the aftermath!

WOW...
    I am sitting here in the office and I have a great big smile on my face!

This was an amazing weekend for so many reasons!

The speakers were wonderful - amazing - terrific - caring - informative - generous with their time - just all around amazing!!!!!! (and FUN)

The families, those with HCM and friends were wonderful - amazing - terrific - caring - informative and FUN

Those attending the medical professionals meeting were INTERESTED, CONCERNED, caring, thirsty for knowledge, happy to attend and really great people!

The hotel was great - as was the staff

SO many wonderful things happened in such a short amount of time!!!

Oh Jim - our sweet friend - YOU were mentioned in the lunch panel - it was very very nice - I will let the person who made the comment - post themselves who it was - Here is what happened -
    The question was directed to Dr. Lever - but before the question the person said - 'first let me thank you for taking good care of Jim - we all care a great deal about him.' - then there was a round of applause!!!
    I almost cried...happy tears.

Cynthia Patterson -A truely outstanding 17 yr old - was the hit at lunch when Dr. Winters gave his pitch for the importance of young people learning CPR and AED's - this young lady is raising funds in her home to get AED's in all the schools in here county! I called her to the stage to tell EVERYONE what she is doing. She spoke with such grace - I was impressed!!

I could go on and on...and I am sure others will share stories about the funny, informative, sweet, and great things that happened this weekend.
    I will simply say that Dr. Barry Maron (one of the most honest people I know) when asked how the meeting was first said "Excellent" and I said "are you just saying that to make me feel good?". He just looked at me and said "do you really think I would?" and then I though "heck NO, that not his style", then he said "ya know I would even say it was Outstanding". That is one compliment I am darn proud of.... but MUST make sure the world knows WHY it was so wonderful...and who made it that way:
    BIG BIG THANKS TO:
    Kelly DeRosa!!!!!!!!
    Adam Salberg
    Tim Stewart
    Lynn Perry
    Stacey Titus
    Bill Flanagan
    Sharon Bates
    Honey Salberg
    Laura Murphy
    Larry Flanigan
    Anne Flanigan
    John Titus
    Amy Williams
    Reenie Smith
    Lynn Stewart
    AND A GREAT BIG THANKS TO A LITTLE GIRL WHO HAS BEEN VERY GROWN UP ABOUT HER MOM BEING VERY BUSY...Miss Rebecca Salberg!
    and to everyone else that helped out in anyway during the meeting!!

Oh and one last thought...my favorite part is still all the hugs!

I am off to work on the golf outting - Please note the HCMA office will be closed this Tuesday - we all need a little rest!!!!!!!!

Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Re: HCMA Meeting 2004 - the aftermath!

Lisa, what a pleasure it was to meet you! You and the crew did a fantastic job in organizing this conference! This was the first conference I have attended (along with my husband). I got to meet my HCM "friends" and have wonderful meals and chat, and got a wealth of information from the doctors as well. From start to finish, it ran so smoothly...I can't say enough about this weekend. I will certainly attend next year!
    \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Cynthia, I never got a chance to come over and meet you personally, but Lisa did point you out to me. I would like you to post your pic under your name. You're a lovely lady!

Reenie
      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Lisa and friends,
        Thank you so much for everything! The opportunity to be a part of such an outstanding conference has been so beneficial to me. I look forward to being in touch with you and keeping you informed about my "senior project". I have a lot of work ahead of me but all of you have given me many, many avenues to pursue. I will be extremely busy in the coming months -- you have all energerized me and I know I will have a successful project. By this time next year I hope to report that I have placed numerous AED's in the middle and high schools in my county.
        I will keep in touch and all of you do the same.

Love you all,

Cynthia Patterson

Comment

I see everyone had a great time, and yes you guys need a break, i'm going to be there next year you can count on that i really wish i could have been there this year it's just i don't think i could have made the trip this time with my physical health well everyone get some rest i'm sure people are tired

Shirley
          Diagnosed 2003
          Myectomy 2-23-2004
          Husband: Ken
          Son: John diagnosed 2004
          Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Hi Shirley,

It’s great to ‘see’ you. Wish you had a larger picture. My eyes aren’t as good as they used to be, but I’m not complaining, - it’s lots better then no picture at all.

I know you, I, and a lot of people have been thinking about Jim today. Hope he had a very successful procedure and will heal quickly and comfortably.

Speaking of quick and comfortable recoveries, Jerry went out shopping at the supermarket today. Can’t keep a good man down.
            Feel good,
            Burt

Comment

Just a fast follow up...
              I will take some time to add captions on the photo gallery in a few days.

HEY Tim...I forgot my password to that again...opps...HELP

Also the one noted as NASPE 2004 is really ACC 2004... details details!

Lisa
              Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
              YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
              lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
              Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
              Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
              Currently not obstructed
              Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

If Jim ever gets around to reading this, I was the guilty party.
                Actually, Lisa misquoted me. I said "Representing the message board, I want to tell Dr. Lever that we love Jim and are glad he is in his care".
                Knowing that Jim was not 100% happy with all the decisions that had been made last week, I wanted to tell Dr. Lever that Jim was someone we cared about in a diplomatic way.
                Jim, I will say that now that I've met with Dr. Lever and heard what he had to say, I am VERY impressed with the man. He is a solid straight shooter who doesn't pull any punches. You are in good hands.
                Fx

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa Salberg
                  Just a fast follow up...
                  I will take some time to add captions on the photo gallery in a few days.

HEY Tim...I forgot my password to that again...opps...HELP

Also the one noted as NASPE 2004 is really ACC 2004... details details!

Lisa
                  LISA: Password was reset and PM to you .... I also renamed the NASPE to ACC for you.

If anyone else has pictures that they would want uploaded, please send them to me or Lisa and we can upload them for you.

We had an awesome time this year and look forward to the next one as they keep getting better and better!!!
                  Thanks, Tim
                  Forum Administrator

Comment

I too was very impressed with the way thingd turned out. Lisa and Kelly, Linda, Lynn, and everyone did a smashing job, as did everyone else. Looking forward to next year !!!!
                    Hello, I`m Craig, I have H.O.C.M. and I`m making the most of my life with my daughter and my wife!!!

Comment

oh, thanks Reenie....I know you were there but could not remember what you looked like (from last year's conference). I will download a few pics from the conference (I think there are a couple of Lisa and me) , but I don't know of an easy way to post the picture in an avatar...??

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Cynthia, I haven't done this myself, but here is a link to post your picture as your avatar. http://www.4hcm.org/phpBB2/viewtopic...ghlight=avatar I'll look back through the pictures of the meeting later.

Reenie
                        Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                        3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

I made it back to Arizona after a long weekend in New Jersey...wow! it is sure hot here. Don't get me wrong, I like the heat, it's just a big difference from NJ weather.

Thanks again to everyone infront of and behind the scenes at the HCMA Annual Meeting.

You are all angels on earth and make our Lisa look so great! Keep up the great work you guys and you know you can count on me and many others for our continued support in the future.

A special thanks to you Lisa! Without your drive and enthusiasm we would be "rutterless" and have less direction. Keep us going forward and you know I would follow you anywhere.

Blessings,
                          Sharon

Comment

Lisa and all,

The meeting was fab! I just got back a few days ago. It was well worth the trip across the Atlantic. I learned loads, and we will likely steal a few of you ideas for our meeting.

Regards,
                            Amy

Comment

Amy,

welcome to the board! The conference was great....Lisa is unbelievable! It was a pleasure to meet with you. Thank you for all of your answers to questions my husband and I had at dinner. Take care....

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X