If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

school report :o)

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

cheerchicken05 Find out more about cheerchicken05
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• school report :o)

this post doesnt have much of a purpose, just wanted to share.

for the end of my AP english class we have to write a big term paper. its kinda of a research paper, with a persuasive side. most people are doing the same-old issues (abortion, gun control, racism...) i was like welll i wanna do HCM cuz its not too much research cuz we have already done SO much, and i can add personal experience (techers love that) and for the persuasive side, they should add cardiovascular health into sports physicals. at least ask about family's cadiovascular health...etc.

so that should be fun...heh...

all for nooooww!!!
    ~janelle*
    \"The heart swells at the magnificance\"

1 timothy 4:12: Do not let others look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity.

Re: school report )

Cool! You should e-mail Lisa to see if she has any recommendations for you in terms of where to get the latest research and to see if you can use her a source.

good luck!

s

Comment

That is great! You have all the access in the world to the right information!

Best wishes,
      Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

hey, CheerChicken! I've done several papers in college about HCM. PM me and I can help you.

Mary S.

Comment

well im actually starting the repor now (theres an idea). i actually have to turn it in early because my surgery is on the due dare (go figure) if any of you have anything you think should be in it just say so!!! thanks for your help!!!
          ~janelle*
          \"The heart swells at the magnificance\"

1 timothy 4:12: Do not let others look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity.

Comment

Hi Janelle,
            You might reconsider Mary S.’ offer. She a straight ‘A’ student who has done papers on HCM already. I’d bet she could be a world of help.
            Burt

PS
            Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

I understand abortion has become so popular among teens in the inner cities that in some places there's a fourteen month waiting list.

I don’t believe in racism. Some days I have enough trouble with walkism.

You might wonder why I was thrown out of college. It was for cheating - - - with the dean’s wife.

I was even thrown out of the Girl Scouts. We were on a sleep-over and I told the den mother I was frightened and wanted to sleep with her.

Ah yes, those were the days. . . .
            Burt

Comment

Burton, Burton, Burton, where did your mother and I go wrong.

Tigger1
              " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

It all began when I was born, a month too soon.
                My Ma was frightened by a runaway saloon.
                Pa was forced to be a hobo, because he played the oboe,
                And the oboe is clearly understood,
                To be an ill wind which no one blows good.

I’ll never forget the morning, that grandpa ate the awning
                To impress a pretty lady, who went for men that were shady.
                And Uncle Josiah, of the great ‘Frisco fire,
                Ran off to Hawaya, with the old Erie cow.
                Which was thereupon invented, and lovingly presented,
                A rolling pin that strikes, and then goes – POW!

Does anybody out there know where this comes from, and who originally performed it?
                An exploding cigar to the winner.
                Burt

Comment

anatole of paris by danny kaye

'tis amazing the wealth of information that google provides you.

Comment

Absolutely true.

The only thing you missed was that it, and most of his material, was written by Silvia Fine, his ex-wife. They couldn’t live together, but they worked together fine.

Since you admitted that you used google to find the answer, and did not get it from memory, I’m sorry but no loaded cigar for you.
                    Burt

Did it show the words to the whole song?

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                    X