If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nurses Week!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nurses Week!

This is National Nurses Week!

THANK YOU to all the wonderful nurses who help us each and every day!

We know how important your work is and we appreciate your efforts each and every day.

To my favorite nurse...Linda ...HAPPY NURSES WEEK!

Best wishes,
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Re: Nurses Week!

Thank you, Lisa. And thank you to all those patients who trust us with their lives and the lives of their precious family members. I've been very fortunate over the years to have had the opportunity to meet and help so many wonderful different people, all that and be able to be a full-time Mom and part-time employee. Nursing as a profession has so much to offer and I'm so proud of those of our members who are currently nursing students. I look forward to the day when you all take over and allow a few more of us "seniors" to sit back a bit. We never really retire completely. I know Mary can't post for a few days, but Michelle, would you give us an update on your progress in school? Any other student nurses out there? How about the rest of our nurses, would you care to add to this post so we can recognize and thank you? Linda

Comment

Yes thank you Linda. You give so much information and support everyday it is nice to be able to acknowledge you during this week. We really do appreciate you 24-7 , 365 days a year but this week is yours. As a nurse not working for 3 1/2 years now I know 1st hand the rewards it gave me when I was able to be physically out there. You certainly are correct we never really retire. Not a day goes by that there isn't some need and desire to help in any small nursing way that is possible. I am equally proud that one of my daughters will finish her nursing degree in 2005. I sometimes say she was born so she could one day take my place. She is already shining in all the work she does and the caring she shows to so many. It is our true calling all of us nurses and I am proud that I became a nurse . Thankyou to all the nurses and those becoming nurses.
      Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
      Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
      Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
      SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
      [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
      Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
      Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
      Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

What’s all this I hear about National Nurses Week? Nurses are not weak, they are very strong. Don’t let their gentle, soothing touch fool you. You would be amazed at what they accomplish on a day to day, ongoing basis.

Over the past year I’ve had close experiences with just bunches of nurses, and I never found a weak sister or brother in the lot, and most of them are still able to maintain a great sense of humor through it all. They are among the best that roam the earth.
        Burt

Comment

Burt...that was very cute!
          Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
          YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
          lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
          Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
          Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
          Currently not obstructed
          Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Thanks for remembering me, Linda. My progress is this, I will graduate in one year with an associate degree in nursing. Then its off to boards where hopefully I will pass and become an RN! I start acute (cardiac) and chronic (neuro, etc.) in the fall. I'm leaning towards practicing in a cardiac hospital after graduation (wonder why!)

I also work at a hospital on a surgical/neuro floor. My boss came around and gave all the nursing staff (CNA included) a gift for national nurses week. It was kind of nice. Next week is national hospital week, just for an FYI.
            Michelle - mom to Krista and Tyler both HCM
            Krista surgeries: 3/97 myectomy, 2/99 mitral valve replacement
            Tyler surgery: 1/98 myectomy

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
            X