If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call from Mary..

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Call from Mary..

Hi Mary, I am sorry that you are having problems. I have been off the board fon a bit. My computor is down and I have to get to the coffee house to use the computor to check the board and my e-mail. I hope you are taking care of yourself. Take Burts advice, he seems to know a lot about almost anything we talk about here. It is good to have him to help us out.

So remember that we are all thingking and praying for you to get well soon.
    Donna B. HCM & ICD. 2 sons with HCM. Brother passed away from HCM at the age of 39. Mother has HCM.

Comment

Mary is armed with her cell phone, and as long as the battery doesn't run down, she's going to be hanging in there. She appreciates all the prayers and well-wishes. Linda

Comment

Spoke with Mary a bit ago. She sounds much better, and wasn’t SOB. She’s not perfect yet, but definitely headed in the right direction. I got a land line number for her, but we don’t know for sure if it goes to the phone by her bed. Once that’s confirmed I’ll post it for everybody.

All your prayers and good wishes seem to be doing the trick. By all means please continue.
        Burt

Comment

Mary i'm soooo glad you are feeling better

Be Well

Shirley
          Diagnosed 2003
          Myectomy 2-23-2004
          Husband: Ken
          Son: John diagnosed 2004
          Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Hey all...

They're letting me use one of the terminals at the nursing station here at the hospital, so I thought i'd make a quick post. Mary and I had a great chat earlier... hospital room to hospital room. I think it made us both feel a lot better being able to chat with the other 'inpatient' on the board. As long as we're both in the hospital, we plan on chatting at least once a day and keep each other company

Mary's new phone number at the hospital is: (321) 841-0021

She says it's fine to call anytime.

Jim
            "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Hi, Jim and Mary,

I'm sending a get well prayer for both of you from Beijing!

Rhoda

Comment

To both Mary and Jim,

Hope you both are recovering nicely. Glad you could get to a terminal. Thoughts and prayers are said for you. Get Well Soon!!
                Dorothy

Diagnosed 1996, Myectomy Aug. 2000, 3 Radio-frequency ablations for a-fibs 2003-2005.

Comment

Mary - I hope you are feeling better!!!

Jim - GET BACK IN BED!

Later,
                  Lisa
                  Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                  YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                  lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                  Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                  Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                  Currently not obstructed
                  Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Mary I hope you do better each day and you get back to your "normal" . Hang in there . Pam
                    Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
                    Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
                    Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
                    SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
                    [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                    Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
                    Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
                    Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Hi,

I tried calling Mary's hospital room today and there was no answer... in fact the phone didn't even ring at all. Does anyone know if she has been released or what her status is?

Thanks,

Jim
                      "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

I am not sure - I will try to call her cell phone over the weekend and see if I can get her.

Lisa

Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                        Currently not obstructed

Comment

Mary and Jim,
                          I have been thinking about you guys all week, I hope you are both feeling better. Its nice you are able to keep each other company (atleast by phone). It means so much to have support, especially from one who understands.

Take care you guys...

Pam
                          It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.

Dx in Feb/99. Obstructed. No ICD, no surgeries, no family history. 2 sons ages 14 and 6.

Comment

I just talked with Mary. She’s still in the hospital. She had some problems with the phone yesterday, but it’s again working fine. The number is 1(321) 841 – 0021. She took the cell phone re-charger with her to the hospital but for some reason it isn’t working, so her cell phone is shut off – out of juice.

She says she’s feeling a lot better (and sounds it too). She’s hoping they can remove the tube down her throat today. (One of the nurses snuck her a little ice cream to ease the dryness, otherwise everything goes down the tube.)

They did some more testing on her, including a pelvic scan, and she thinks there may be a surgical consult in the works, but her spirits are still good. (That is her outlook – she’s not allowed to have spirits – or anything else for that matter.)

She appreciates the calls and well wishes. She says it’s nice to have people care about her. What a girl.
                            Burt

Comment

Thanks Burt - You are really doing a good job as a surrogate Grandpa!
                              I will try to call her in the morning.
                              Best wishes to all.
                              Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Working...
                              X