If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call from Mary..

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Call from Mary..

Mary sends her best to all, she really appreciates the calls and messages she has received. Things are moving right along with med regulation, it just takes time. Sounds like a bit of rest won't hurt her at all. She's a real go-getter, so slowing down for a few days is a difficult concept for her. Linda

Comment

Well,

Thanks so much to all of you! I've got a great family here at the HCMA.

They decided to go ahead and release me today. Surprised me especially as sick as I was last night. I am still very tired an my leg hurts something terrible. At least, I don't go back to work until Thursday. I hope my pt levels stay where they are and I can get to my doc. on Monday.

I was a bit down at first because it just seems that I can never get a break. But I'm also lucky to make it through all of this too!

Thanks again for the support!

Mary S.

Comment

glad to hear that you are safely home. rest up and take care of
        yourself. hopefully all the bad is over for now.

we are all thinking of you here.

sandy
        Fx

Comment

Mary, what a year you've had! Glad you are home and recouping. If Thursday is too soon, please stay home for awhile longer. Blood clots are nothing to play around with. Hope you get back in the "pink" before long.
          Dorothy

Diagnosed 1996, Myectomy Aug. 2000, 3 Radio-frequency ablations for a-fibs 2003-2005.

Comment

Mary

Glad to hear you made it home, Take it easy girl and heal

Shirley
            Diagnosed 2003
            Myectomy 2-23-2004
            Husband: Ken
            Son: John diagnosed 2004
            Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Mary, Glad to hear you got to come home. It always seems a littlle less scary when you are home. Be carefull and take care . Thursday does sound soon to go back? You are in my thoughts. Pam
              Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
              Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
              Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
              SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
              [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
              Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
              Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
              Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Mary,
                glad that you are at home....get plenty of rest and don't push it...I would stay home at least the entire week...get well soon
                \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Great news Mary. Hope each day gets better and better for you...

Tigger1
                  " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

It's kinda odd that everyone is saying to stay home for a week at least. That is everyone but the doctor that I saw. The note he wrote said I could go back to work tomorrow. Even the my nurse manager was saying I'd be out for a while.

Any suggestions out there. This is something I'm completly new to. And honestly am a bit scared about the whole thing. I'm not wanting to screw up on this one!

Mary

Comment

Mary - I am glad you are home...get some rest, Lord knows that is not possible in a hospital!

Lisa
                      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                      Currently not obstructed
                      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

I just IM’d with Mary. She’s weak, sore, and in discomfort. We talked and she’s on her way back to the ER at the hospital where she was an in-patient. I really think they discharged her too soon. I asked her to have a friend along to help her cope, as she says she’s weak – and if she says she’s weak, she’s probably just totally dragging around.

Mary or I will let you know more, as we find out more.
                        Burt

Comment

Got a call from Mary,

She made it safely to the ER - and is being readmitted. They ran another CT scan to see how the blood clot was progressing, but don't have the results back yet. Did some more blood tests and her numbers are all screwed up again, and her O2 level was - I think she said 84, and she's SOB.

So this trained tech. takes off her oxygen and, huffing and puffing, she gives me a call. OK, she's my adopted granddaughter, but if I knew her better I'd still give her a good spanking. She thinks of everybody but herself.

When she's better I'm going to give her a good talking to - but I know it won't help. That's just the way she is - but lovable.

More when I know more.
                          Burt

Comment

Thank you Burt, I thought she came home too soon, man am i glad i don't live in Florida, my sister in law had bad care there also, But Burt you will keep everything under control, keep us posted and tell her not to worry about everyone here and concentrate on getting better

Shirley
                            Diagnosed 2003
                            Myectomy 2-23-2004
                            Husband: Ken
                            Son: John diagnosed 2004
                            Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Mary,

I'll be praying!
                              Rhoda

Comment

Mary,
                                Take good care of yourself...and get better!!
                                I'll be thinking of you..
                                Pam
                                It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.

Dx in Feb/99. Obstructed. No ICD, no surgeries, no family history. 2 sons ages 14 and 6.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                                X