If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

feeling lethargic, pulsating beats

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

cynthiaG Find out more about cynthiaG
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeling lethargic, pulsating beats

I was at my son's indoor pool party a few hours ago and felt a little lightheaded...got a little hot and sweaty(it's not hot flashes as I'm past that)....at the same time, I had some of those beats where you feel like it's throbbing in your throat (the best way I can describe it)...it lasted on and off for about an hour...they were pretty much "regular" beats...didnt feel like afib...just feel tired...I was put on 25 mg. of atenolol just a few days ago (also taking 360 mg. of verapamil)...I'm going to see how I feel before I call the doctor (my PCP who also knows a lot about HCM)
    \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: feeling lethargic, pulsating beats

Hi Cynthia,
    Did you have access to a blood pressure machine, or did you at least get a reading of your pulse rate? If you don’t own a blood pressure machine you can usually find a public one at the supermarket pharmacies or at drug stores. Getting those readings would probably help your doctor in trying to figure out what’s going on. Of course reporting that the beats felt regular (or irregular or ragged) would also help him.

I’m on 360 mg of Verapamil and 50 mg of Atenolol and at times get very tired (mostly after lunch), but then I’m usually up for some time during the night. I suspect my drugs also play a part in it. Speaking of bed - - - good night.
    Burt

Comment

Hi Burt,
      boy, you're a night owl! I could never stay up until 1:30 a.m.! thanks for your reply. I felt a little better later on after I got home,,took a short snooze. I just feel like something needs to be adjusted. I am going to Brooks pharmacy today and while I'm there, I'll go to the blood pressure machine (hoping it's accurate). I always feel my best first thing in the morning...my heart seems to "calm" down

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

How are you feeling now? These episodes seem to happen a bit? Have you captured any on an event recorder?

Lisa
        Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
        YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
        lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
        Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
        Currently not obstructed
        Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

I feel better. I stopped the 25 mg. of atenolol at night. (was only on it for a week). That was definately what was making me so lethargic. No, the pulsing in my lower throat area ...(hard to explain) has never been picked up on an event monitor...havent had any since Saturday

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
          X