If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

join us in California!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• join us in California!

THE HCMA and SADS JOIN FORCES!!!
    Enrollment is being done by SADS...please see the contact information at the bottom of this post!

I look forward to meeting some of our CA members!!!

Please join us

Sudden Arrhythmia Death Syndromes Foundation
    &
    Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association

Presents a seminar for families impacted by
    heart rhythm disorders (LQTS, HCM, ARVD, etc.)

Tuesday, May 18, 2004
    6-8 p.m.
    Marriott Hotel (55 Fourth Street, Sierra Street A)
    San Francisco, CA

Barry J. Maron, M.D.
    Director of the HCM Center
    Minneapolis Heart Institute
    Minneapolis, MN

G. Michael Vincent, M.D.
    Founder & President, SADS Foundation,
    Professor of Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine and
    Chairman, Department of Internal Medicine, LDS Hospital
    Salt Lake City, UT

Michael J. Ackerman, M.D., Ph.D.
    Director, Long QT Syndrome/Inherited Arrhythmia Clinic and
    Sudden Death Genomics Laboratory, Mayo Clinic
    Rochester, MN

George Van Hare, M.D,
    Director of the Pediatric Arrhythmia Center
    Stanford, CA

Paul J. Wang, M.D.
    Director of Arrhythmia & E.P. Services
    Stanford, CA

Light refreshments will be served.
    Please RSVP and contact for more information:
    Kathryn Blum - Phone: 209.576.3880 Email: [email protected]
    Gwen Davis (SADS Foundation) - Phone: 1.800.STOP SAD Email: [email protected]
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Re: join us in California!

If I only could... When/How much is it? I live in San Diego, so I may not be able to afford the trip north 8 hours.. but we will see (I'd like to meet Lisa and the other HCMrs in person). It would also be awesome to ask the doctors some of my questions!

OOoops.. I see the answer to my when/where was there all along! Thanks.

-Darren

Comment

Hmm. California. That's not too far from Beijing, is it?

Just kidding!
      Rhoda

Comment

Lisa - I wish I could make it, but unfortunately, it is a school night, and someone around here has to earn a living! It is just too big a state to zip up there during the week.

Hopefully you will make it down to Southern California soon!
        Daughter of Father with HCM
        Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
        Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
        ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
        Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

I like the So. Cal idea! Besides, So. Cal is so much nicer than the Bay Area... (I like San Fran, but it is much warmer and less crazy here in SD)

Comment

Lisa,
            As I said in my PM to you, I do not have much in the way of arrhythmic problems. My interest in going was primarily to meet you and the other HCM’ers in this corner of the world. Unfortunately the trip is prohibitive from the Las Vegas area – especially for only one two hour meeting on a topic not high on my concern list.

Sure wish I could meet you guys though. Well, maybe next year. In the meantime anybody coming to LV please be sure to contact me. Would love to meet you.

Rhoda – about the meeting – maybe if you started rowing now – San Francisco is a great port – then, while here, you could just continue on to the hospital. – If you stop in Las Vegas, maybe we could go out to dinner. – Do you like Chinese? - Just a thought.
            Burt

Comment

Actually, for me the rythm disorder portion of HCM is the most interesting portion. It's the one most likely to "sneak" up on us (sudden death). It is also the one about which the least seems to be really known. Lisa, will you be posting notes or the presentation slides on the site? -D

Comment

I just made my reservations to join everyone in SF, CA! Can't wait to see everyone. Of course, if all goes well in the next week, I will have my plane ticket to the HCMA conference, too. Lots of travel plans for me over the next few months. Hope to connect with a lot of you from the message board.

See you soon,
                Sharon

Comment

SHARON>>> I OWE YOU A DRINK!!!! I have been so busy I have not gotten back to you...and I am hanging my head in public shame

Will the drink help you forgive me

See ya soon.

Lisa

Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                  Currently not obstructed

Comment

Maybe two drinks and dinner -- dancing would be acceptable, too, but I don't want to embarrass you with my moves!

See you in SF,
                    Sharon

Comment

I'll be the one drinking water... YOU can do all the dancing!

Later!
                      Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Hi - just received the notification of SF presentation. I live in Southern California (Seal Beach) and just made flight reservations toa ttend seminar - also gives me a chance to visit my son who lives in San Francisco. I look forward to meeting other HCMers, just to sit and talk one on one with someone who really understands what we're going through. I'm flying up Monday morning and staying until Thursday morning. If anyone wants to get together, just let me know. (Lisa and Sharon - can I join the dancing?) Looking forward to meeting you - Sharon

Comment

SURE! Where are we going... I am game!

Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Count me in, but dancing??????? Sure, why not? Linda

Comment

To bad you werent out in Cali right now. I would be able to join you, but im actually leaving on Saturday the 15th.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X