[MEDICATION]

Author: CONNIE (---.direcpc.com)

Date: 05-14-02 14:26

HI ALL..........

I HAVE BEEN READING THE POSTS, CURRENT AND PAST. I NOTICED IN DISCUSSION's ABOUT MEDICATION THAT NO ONE TAKES CARDIZEM (i think i spelled that right).

I TAKE CARDIZEM 240 mg AND TOPOROL 100mg. IS THERE ANY ONE OUT THERE WHO WAS GIVEN CARDIZEM? I WORRY THAT THIS MED MAY NOT BE THE TICKET, ESPECIALLY SINCE I HAVE BEEN TAKING THIS ABOUT 5 YEARS, WHICH WAS BEFORE I WAS TOLD I HAD HCM.

AND THE MEMORY LOSS THING...OH MAN....I GET SO FRUSTRATED WHEN I CANT SAY THE WORD I KNOW IS CORRECT, I FORGET ALOT.

ALSO I AM AMAZED AT THE PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW WHAT THE HECK HCM IS AND WHEN YOU EXPLAIN IT, THEY DONT TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY. ANY ANSWERS WILL BE APPRECIATED THANKS CONNIE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: MEDICATION]

Author: Dora (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 05-14-02 17:19

Hi Connie,

I take both 240 mg of cardiazem and 100 mg of toprol XL. I have a lot of problems even though the doctors say I don't have much of a thickness. I am in the process of having a Transesophageal echocardiogram. Maybe they will be able to see what is going on better. And the memory loss is terrible. Many a time I have balled my eyes out because I can't remember little things. My worse thing is appointments.

e-mail me if you would [email protected]

Dora

Author: Steve (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 05-14-02 20:08

Hello Connie,

I was taking 480mg per day of cardiazem for my atrial fibrillation with 50mg atenolol for my HCM. Since my pacemaker was installed, for the a-fib, I was able to stop the cardiazem. I had severe side effects (lightheadness) on that amount of cardiazem. It took awhile to get out of my system but I sure feel better now. I hope you can get some relief. I got used to writing everything down in my pocket brain (notebook).

Author: s. beckley -moderator (---.dsl.mindspring.com)

Date: 05-14-02 22:48

Hi Connie

I took Cardizem for a short while. I hated it. Made my blood pressure too too low. Now I just take Corgard, a beta-blocker (nadolol).

Sarah