If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midge has a new heart!!!!!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midge has a new heart!!!!!

I received this message on March 19, 2004!!!!!!!!
    YEH MIDGE!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Lisa,

My mom, Midge Rollins, posts on this board. I am not sure if you know who she is, but she has HCM and was waiting for a heart transplant. The good news is..... she got a heart today and so far, so good! I thought you may like to know. She talks about the board often, and I know it has been helpful for her to come here and talk.

I just wanted to pass along the good news to anyone else who may know her here, I just wasn't sure who to send this info to, so I decided on you.

Thanks so much,
    Kaye
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Re: Midge has a new heart!!!!!

That is such GREAT NEWS,

I hope things turn out great and that she feels as good as new again, Midge and her entire family are in our prayers

Shirley
    Diagnosed 2003
    Myectomy 2-23-2004
    Husband: Ken
    Son: John diagnosed 2004
    Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

WooHoooooo! I'm jumping for joy. Well, I'll let this little guy do it for me!

It is good to hear something so good happening to such a nice person.

We've got Midge now let's hope Matt will get one too!

Mary S.

Comment

This is such wonderful news, Thanks for sharing. Our prayers and best wishes for steady improvement! Linda

Comment

Oh, I'm so happy! I pray all will go well with her.

Reenie
          Reenie

Husband has HCM.
          3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

We love Midge here...

She is our dear friend and we watch out for each other here. I hope and pray that everything goes well with her, and that she sees nothing but continued improvement from here on in. We're with ya Midge... come back and post to us as soon as you are able! Until then, please know that we're all thinking happy thoughts for you!

Jim
            "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

So happy Midge got her new heart. We have been praying for her.
              My husband HAD HCM and got a new heart last July. Midge and I had been email each other. I pray she does as well as my husband is doing.
              Lots of luck.

Comment

So happy to hear this great news ,may Midge continue to do well in her recovery . She's in my prayers. Judy I am happy for your husband also tell him to keep doing well , I know it is a long process. Pam
                Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
                Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
                Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
                SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
                [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
                Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
                Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Great news for Midge!
                  My prayers are with her and with the family that donated this wonderful gift. May Midge receive the love and joy that she needs for a speedy recovery and gracious life.

Gods Blessings to all!
                  Sharon

Comment

Congrats, Midge!!! Big warm fuzzy hug and blessings and wishing for a speedy recovery and infinite acceptance of your new heart.

sarah

Comment

Hi Everyone! This is Midge's daughter again....

Mom is doing really well! I spoke to her on the phone yesterday- finally!(I am not allowed to see her as I have bronchitis and am almost 36 weeks pregnant- so the drs won't let me be up there)

She is sitting up, eating real food(not much of an appetite yet), taking oral pain medication(not often, she doesn't like to be on it), has walked a bit and is starting her anti-rejection medication. She should be moved from the transplant ICU to a step-down room sometime today. She should be moved to the transplant house at the beginning of next week. She will remain there until June 18th.

She did tell me yesterday that it hasn't hit her yet that it isn't her heart in her chest. But, she says she can talk without being out of breath and so she does see a difference. She also feels weird because she keeps expecting the nurses to bring her Betapace to take, and she doesn't have to anymore! She doesn't have to take the heart meds she has been on for years- which is strange. Of course, she has a ton of new drugs she must take, but none of the same heart medication.

I will try to come back and post here as I get updates from her. I know my brother was going to bring her laptop up to her today, so maybe when she gets to the transplant house, she can post here again.

We are so happy and relieved that she is doing well. The drs at Mayo Clinic are wonderful and we were blessed she has had such good care there for so long!

Thanks again!

Kaye Siders

Comment

GREAT NEWS!!! Likewise Midge, many blessings to you and your family and especially to your donor's family. They are truly special people too.

Have a speedy recovery. I know everything will be sooo much better from now on.

Matt XXXOOOXXX

Comment

I'm so happy Midge is doing well! She certainly is having great care at Mayo Clinic....she'll be in my prayers for a speedy recovery
                          \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Kaye, thank you for taking the time to update us. I've been watching for this since I read Lisa's post about the transplant. Please tell you mom how much we're pulling for her!

Reenie
                            Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                            3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Kaye that is such great news, and that is a quick ICU stay for a heart transplant so that means she must be doing great I was in ICU for 3 days but i had breathing problems. Tell your mom we are all pulling for her and can't wait to here from her. God Bless you all

Shirley
                              Diagnosed 2003
                              Myectomy 2-23-2004
                              Husband: Ken
                              Son: John diagnosed 2004
                              Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X