If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Lisa

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Lisa

398... yes that is how many messages I have to catch up on. I will do my best to respond to his many of these posts as I can within the next few hours. I also have 16 private messages I need to respond to, please be patient noted to all of your correspondence as soon as possible.

On personal note out like to tell you I have a wonderful time vacationing in Florida Keys. The weather was wonderful, with the exception of some high winds which made fishing and it difficult. After seven days of mellowing out key style I was off to the American College of cardiology conference in New Orleans. It was an exciting few days with an interesting information that will be sharing with you in a special edition of the HCMA's newsletter which we will hopefully get sent out next week.

Now off to answer my 398 messages and 16 private messages.

Best wishes to all,
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Re: Hello from Lisa

Glad to have you back. Take your time. We're holding it all together while you get settled back in.

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

We missed ya Lisa,

don't over do it!

mary S.

Comment

Hi...its me again!

I have caught up on most of the messages, I have not touched my personal messages yet. Allow me to update you on what has been going on since March 1st.
        We have expanded our offices significantly. Last February the HCMA moved out of my home office to a one Roman office suite a quarter of a mile from my home. On March 1st we expanded this space to a 3 office suite in the same building. Our single office location was approximately 300 square feet and now we are over 900 square feet of space. We have added to new computers and hopefully in the next few weeks we will be adding some additional staff.

This past weekend with the assistance of Kelly, her husband Fred, her sons Nicky and Vinny, her daughter Alicia, my husband Adam, my nephew John and my daughter Rebecca we painted our new office space. We also moved in extra furniture and rearrange the current furniture and filing cabinets. I can honestly say that my own physician is not happy that this is how I spent my weekend after coming back from a five-day conference... well sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do! The good news is the office is our up and ready for action because it's going to be a very busy 2004!

If you notice any unusual typing in my posts please understand I am using a voice-activated entry system (Dragon 6.0), my jersey accents sometimes makes some unusual entries. This system has enabled me to respond to many more postings in a far more time efficient manner. However it has a tendency to stick the word "and" and "would" in the strangest places.

It is snowing now and I and going to go home and relax. I promise I will respond to all of my e-mails (400) and a 17 personal messages on Thursday, I appreciate your patients in my responses to your correspondence.

Goodnight,
        Lisa

Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Currently not obstructed

Comment

Lisa,
          For G-d sake girl, take care of yourself! I think you'd remember that hospitals are no fun at all.

About your Dragon - you're still understood, and that's a lot better excuse then I've got.

Gee, it's good to have you back.
          Burt

Comment

I am fine, dont worry about me!

It is nice to be home!

Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Welcome back, Lisa....

how long have you had Dragon? My husband said that it has to get used to your voice....that's pretty cool having that! I hope to meet you in June at the conference. My husband might tag along.. I'm trying to tie together some things. I started a part-time job a month ago which I love. I don't forsee any problem getting a little time off to attend
              \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
              X