If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV / computer 6:30pm tonight!!!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV / computer 6:30pm tonight!!!

http://www.cn8.tv/channel/channelhom...lChannelID=622

Logon tonight at 6:30pm EASTERN TIME to www.CN8.tv - Real Life with Mary Ameroso and see our 30 minute interview!

Stacey and Dr. M. Maron did a great job!! You have to see this!

Let us know what you all think!

Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Re: TV / computer 6:30pm tonight!!!

Watched and, and I have to say GREAT JOB to the interviewees

Comment

Lisa, Stacy and Dr. Maron.
      Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! The exposure was amazing. Thanks for all your hard work.
      Peace,
      Leon
      God Squad co-moderator
      Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Thanks guys! It was nice to have the oppurtunity to get the word out! We are very grateful to Dr. Maron for making the quick trip to NJ for filming and to Joanne and Lisa S. for getting this organized.
        YOu may have noticed the picture at the end, that was Keith. He passed away last May with undiagnosed HCM. God Bless Keith...and thank you Keith for the doors you opened to so many...others will be helped because of his life. Keith was a police officer, and he is still protecting us today!

Best to all,
        Lisa

Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Currently not obstructed

Comment

Lisa, the show was great and you all looked and sounded wonderfull. My heart goes out to you both as the loss of Lori will always be evident but what a tribute to her as well. I know she is proud of you and Stacey for going foward with your loss to help so many . Keep up the great work and do not ever doubt what you do for the masses. Just for a minute look at this site alone and see how many people pop in for info. We asked Dr. Maron for his autograph. My oldest daughter was going to ask if he had any autographed pinups of himself but chickened out. One of my friends called and said no wonder you get palpitations! We had a good laugh . Dr. Maron wants my son Tim to send him a picture from his palm recording. He said he'll send it to Hollywood and see if they need a stunt double for Vin Diesel. Heck he looks better then Vin Diesel. He said gee I could do the clinic on Tuesdays and go to Hollywood in between ! He's so funny. Pam
          Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
          Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
          Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
          SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
          [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
          Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
          Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
          Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Should we have a vote for the cutest HCM Doc. I think M. Maron wins it hands down! Sarah and I have had this discussion before! And what is even better is his heart (no pun intended) is always in the right place when it comes to making decisions. He is an outstanding physician!

And when I see him on Thursday I will let him know that!

Mary S.

Comment

Mary , you have my vote . And he has a real big heart also. My daughters fight to go with me just so they can drool over themselves when he speaks to them . O.K. so I drool a little myself. Pam
              [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
              Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

You guys have me rolling with laughter here! You all DO realize that MM reads this board frequently, right? Not that I'm arguing with any of you...

Reenie
                Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Yeah Reenie , I know he reads the board but he is always in good humor and knows how we all feel about him . He can read ya like a book and not even turn the pages! I think he'll get a kick out of it. He's like family by now that's how comfortable he makes ya feel. I'm glad you had a good laugh. Take Care, Pam

Comment

Oh absoluty, that is precisely why I like him. If anyone can put up with me for a year like he has well he deserves a medal. With this past year I think I have given quite a few doctors nervous breakdowns. Can't imagine what he is going through not being able to actually see all of the test and symptoms. But he sticks to it and as Pam said he is very easy to talk to.

OHHH I got it maybe we should start a Dr. M. Maron fan club

If ya read this Dr. Maron it wasn't me I promsie. Ok yeah it was but you are one of the best doctors I have ever met (quite a few).

Mary S.

Comment

OK Ladies... You are aware I will be seeing MM in a week at ACC and I am growing concerned that his ego may get a little over inflated ... well he just may not fit on the plane if you guys keep it up!
                      I have work for him... if you keep it up I mean it ...he will not fit on the plane!

Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

When I saw M.Maron ar my appointment I told him that we were strating a fan club. Lisa, did he make it on the plane?

Mary S.

Comment

Mary, I bet he got a kick out of that!

Comment

Lisa

That was the day i had surgery are there going to be tapes available to buy, i would really be interested in seeing it, and how was your vacation

Shirley
                            Diagnosed 2003
                            Myectomy 2-23-2004
                            Husband: Ken
                            Son: John diagnosed 2004
                            Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Shirley, I do have the info just not on me at the moment. I'll have it by the morning though! New computer getting everything transfered.

Mary S.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
                              X