If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HCMA Hits Tv!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCMA Hits Tv!

Hello,
    Today I will be taping a 30 minute piece to air on Feb. 23rd 6:30-7pm on CN8 - "Real life with Mary Amoroso" The great news is you will ALL be able to see it on the CN8 website on www.cn8.tv - even better yet I will be joined on the program by my niece Stacey and Dr. Marty Maron of NEMC.

We will be talking about HCM and the HCMA -the goal of this appearance is to get the word out about HCM and helping those with HCM find the HCMA!

I will be leaving in a few minutes to head to the taping, but had to tell you all what is happening - -

The producer of the show is good friends with a mom who lost here son to HCM last year, the show will be dedicated to his memory - Keith was 29 years old and a police officer in NJ. We thank Joanne for helping the HCMA get the word out about HCM and know that Keith will be with us today as we film this important program.

Peace to all,

Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Re: HCMA Hits Tv!

Lisa Hi and great job! Finally you will have a bigger voice and reach a bigger audience to get the word out so others may get help. I looked at the pictures too ! They look great and I agree you look wonderfull! I am so excited to see the show and have it marked on all our calendars. I knew you would get a bigger forum . Next onto Oprah! The Today show etc etc ! I'll get Dr. Maron's autograph on the 24th when I see him, hee hee. He'll get a kick out of it if I tease him a bit . Again I am so pleased and hope you all remember us "little people" when you are big big celebs. Watch out Hollywood! Only kidding . Thankyou for all your efforts and Stacey too. Pam
    Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
    Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
    Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
    SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
    [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
    Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
    Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
    Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Yeh... right...hollywood NOT

I am happy to have the chance at a large "venue" to spead the word.

Be well,

Lisa

Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Currently not obstructed

Comment

that is wonderful! I don't think I can get that channel on my cable though
        \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Cynthia,
          Do you have Comcast? If so I think its channel 3. I know it is here.

Comment

no, we have Charter Communications
            \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Hi Lisa,
              I don’t think I’ll be able to see the show – out here in the Las Vegas area, - but I did take a gander at the pictures. My, my, my. Who’s the prettiest girl on the set?

Don’t blame you for going on TV.
              Burt

Comment

Please remember, even if you don't get Comcast, you can watch the show live on their website on February 23 at 6:30 p.m.

www.cn8.tv

Kelly
                Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.

Comment

Hi Kelly,

You’re absolutely right, but that's three thirty my time. . . I don't think I can get home from the bridge game in time to see the show, and I can't record it. If I don't take my wife to bridge, she'll be very disappointed.

If somebody would be willing to tape the show, and send me the VCR, I'll not only return it to them, I'll even send back the money they paid for the postage. Is there a kind soul out there willing to do that for me?

Burt

Comment

we are attempting to get the program on DVD so we can up load it to the website.

As I know more I will let you know!

Lisa

PS thanks for the kind words

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Can I have your autograph....and Stacey's too?
                      Lisa\'s favorite (and smarter) big brother.

Comment

Cute... Wait a month, you will have one in your bithday card!

Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Lisa,
                          If you can upload it great. If not, could I borrow the DVD? I can play that too.
                          Thanks,
                          Burt

Comment

I will let you know!
                            Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Originally posted by bryan
                              Cynthia,
                              Do you have Comcast? If so I think its channel 3. I know it is here.
                              OH NO! NOT COMCAST guess us cast had better !

Haven't got a chance to look but I'm sure it will be awesome!

Mary S.

Disney or ComCast employee?

Comment

Working...
                              X