If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recovery

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Ronnie Find out more about Ronnie
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovery

I have been visiting this WONDERFUL Site, since last Spring (as a Reader Only) Last July, I had a Septal Myectomy @ Mayo. Few Complications while in Hospital (A Fib, Crashed once, Cardioversion etc), but went home and had an "unremarkable" recovery. I returned to work after 3 Months. I felt GREAT & was very pleased with the results of the Surgery. Around the middle of November- Istarted having episodes of SOB, Crushing chest pain. My local Cardiologist (who I love) could not find any reasons for these episodes & we tried changes in my Meds- No relief. Fast Forward - I applied for SS Disability, have episodes of Major Pain (lasts from 5-15 Minutes), SOB & sometimes Vomit. I am returning to Mayo for follow-up the beginning of March. Oh Pertinent Details: Female 56 years Old, Non- Smoker. Has anyone had a similar experience? My quality of life is deteriorating-I'm unable to exercise (Pain), grocery shopping is even difficult now! I actually feel worse than B4 Surgery!
    RONNIE

Re: Recovery

Ronnie--You might want to check out the possiblity of Fabry Disease. It affects heart (sometimes kidneys and other organs) and includes pain and gut problems. Quite rare but, well, I have it so it's not impossible that you might. Website is www.Fabry.org

Hope you find out what's going on and can feel better soon.

Sue

Comment

Re: Recovery

Ronnie, is this Mayo appt scheduled for you as your routine followup after the surgery, or did you make the appt because of the probs you are having? If it is routine and Mayo is not aware of these new symptoms, you may want to call them and let them know. You might be able to get an earlier appt, but March isn't that far away. I know it's a real long time for you, the one suffering the symptoms. Take care, and keep us posted. Linda

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
      X