If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

discussion group?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• discussion group?

[discussion group?]

Author: Debbie (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 05-06-02 18:07

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a site that had a chat room where we could talk with other people who have this disease. My husband is the only person we know with this, so it is very hard for people to understand sometimes. It often helps if you have someone to talk to who really understands. Thanks for any help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: discussion group?]

Author: s. beckley -moderator (---.dsl.mindspring.com)

Date: 05-06-02 18:51

Dear Debbie,

We haven't set up a chat room here ---yet, but if we get enough interest, it may be a possibility. However, if you join the HCMA, you can choose to be put into the network and meet people in your area or age group or whatever variable you choose to be able to phone, e-mail or even meet!

You can call the HCMA at 973-983-7429 to be sent the networking form.

Sarah

Author: Amy (---.bna.bellsouth.net)

Date: 05-07-02 01:03

Hi Debbie,

Try CommunityZero.com you can set up a web page and chats on just about anything.

Good luck!

Amy

Date: 05-07-02 01:05

Pam Burke runs a group on Communityzero.com for Coronary Artery Disease, Angina and Heart Attacks. I know her from iVillage. I don't know of any HCM groups over there, but it is possible.

Sarah

[Sarah and Debbie]

Author: Amy (---.bna.bellsouth.net)

Date: 05-07-02 01:32

Hi,

I am a member of a heart disease group that meets on communityzero called "Our Heart Place" if you are interested it is a really great group. We also meet on WebMD.com in the heart disease chat room there are several cardiomyopathy people, we meet on Monday and Friday, it is free for anyone else to use on another night if you want to just use a chat room, it might be the easiest solution for the time being.

Amy

[Re: Sarah and Debbie]

Author: Debbie (---.glen-net.ca)

Date: 05-07-02 11:49

thanks for the info. I will try these out.

Author: Wayne (---.centrelink.gov.au)

Date: 05-07-02 23:10

Hi Sarah

I am a web developer, I am willing to help with developing a chat room here if you decide you want one.

Date: 05-08-02 01:55

Dear Wayne,

Thank you very much for the offer; I'll pass it along, but I do think that Lisa has web people in NJ (I'm in Chicago). I haven't had a chance to discuss a chat room with her yet since she went out of town for the week. I'll keep you posted.

Sarah

Author: Lisa (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 05-09-02 00:15

Wayne,

Call me at the HCMA office next week and we can talk about this further. I would appreciate the help.

Lisa Salberg

President

HCMA

Date: 05-09-02 08:53

See what I know? ; )

Cool beans

Sarah
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X