If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to let u all in on something

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

VonMende Find out more about VonMende
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to let u all in on something

I do not explain myslef all the way through due to the fact that im very busy and do not have much time for writing on HCM. Thus i do not explain myslef through an through.
    Some of u may have already noticed this.
    The reason why i wanted to and felt the need to explain this is due to the critisism that is being derived from the things ive said.

Please do not send me messages or reply to something ive said if your not 100% sure about what i am saying or am meaning to say. A simple message saying explain yourself will do fine not people making me feel like im an idiot explaing how they are in the top 2 percentile of the highest IQ bragging isnt something to be proud of.

my words of advice are, Never doubt someones abilities

take care

patrick von mende

Re: Need to let u all in on something

One more thing that my mom has brought to my attention.

the way that i am being accused of this or that is like soemone calling a person an idiot and having no reason for calling them an idiot.

dont understand think about it, im pretty sure everyone understands

take care

Patrick Von Mende

Comment

Umm... Patrick....
      I am not really clear as to what is going on here??? Can you help me understand this a little better?

Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Dear Patrick

I'm sorry people haven't been very nice to you. I know I pointed out a couple things you had wrong in a post or two and I hope I wasn't mean about it.

However, you do need to know that it is very difficult to figure out what you are saying sometimes as you don't use any punctuation. I realize that this is typical of text messaging, but in a forum like this it is not --and as you have seen, leads to misunderstandings.

Also, the entire point of this board is to share, support, and inform. So when someone corrects something that someone wrote, they are only doing it to help you --not to say that you are an idiot.

But there isn't any excuse for people being rude or mean.

take care,

S

Comment

I have received a private message from Patrick and we have discussed his concern.
          As a general message to all---
          I have said this many times in the past and will say it many times in the future - We are all different - we communicate in different styles, we come from many different backgrounds, we are every color, age, ethnicity and from all over the world. Please respect each other for the contributions they bring to this wonderful community we have build. Do not be too quick to judge people - you would be VERY surprised in many cases as to who you may be communicating with - keep an open mind.

Patrick is a young man learning his way around HCM - I for one am very proud of his efforts to not only get educated but to come here and share his story and thoughts with us.

Peace to all,
          Lisa
          Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
          YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
          lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
          Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
          Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
          Currently not obstructed
          Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Hey Patrick! I'm sorry some made you feel unwanted here. We're really glad you're here. We love diversity. Thanks for bringing it to our attention that there were problems.

Reenie
            Reenie

Husband has HCM.
            3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Right, Reenie, not only do we love diversity, we NEED it. HCM doesn't discriminate, it just pops up anywhere, so everyone has valuable info to offer. We all have different backgrounds, ages, experiences, environments. One little tidbit offered may be the great thing that carries just one person thru a difficult time. Pat, we're glad you're here. I'm glad you're making such a great effort to learn what you need to know to get the best care for yourself. That's so important, you really have to be on top of things. I've been impressed with your posts, in part, because you remind me that not all young men are as quiet as my 2 sons. I've called home before and not recognized their voices, I have to ask which one it is. Linda

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
              X