If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HCM and Herpes

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

hatrik13 Find out more about hatrik13
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCM and Herpes

This may seem strange but was wondering if anyone with HCM has ever had contact with Herpes. I recently began a new relationship with a terrific woman who disclosed her case of herpes simplex 1 which is the oral type but she has the breakouts in her genital region. I have told her I have unobstructed HCM and also have an ICD. That does not seem to bother her but knowing my heart and it's sensitivity to the smallest things I'm having a hard time getting past her STD and the effect it may have on me if I contract it. I've done loads of research like most HCM'ers do but I can't find anything in regards to heart disease and herpes. I realize this is a sensitive matter for everyone who has it but was hoping someone could give me some insight regarding complications with it and people like ourselves with HCM.

Re: HCM and Herpes

I've never heard of any correlation between the two, but some with HCM do seem to be more susceptible to illness than others. However, as you'll read a lot on here, everyone is different. You should talk to your doctor to see if you would be at more risk than others.

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Re: HCM and Herpes

you may want to check out a herpes support board and find out if anyone there have similar concerns.

also, you should be taking the same precautions with her regardless of your health status. latex, latex, and latex. gloves, dental dams, and condoms should all be used in the appropriate locations.

take care,

sarah

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
      X