If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having Some Night Issues

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

felixdacat Find out more about felixdacat
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having Some Night Issues

I have a call in for Dr. Maron, but while I'm waiting...
    The last 3 nights I've been very uncomfortable. No real pain, but its been hard to fall asleep.
    First there has been what I hope is just heartburn. I have not really been eating anything spicy. Very unusual for me to have heartburn.
    Breathing has been a bit more involved. Again, its not difficult to breathe, but I find that I'm breathing harder.
    I feel a little more comfortable if I lay with my head elevated. I also feel a bit more comfortable if I lay on my left side.
    When I toss and turn and then sit up, I get light headed.
    I do get some chest tightness, but not the same tightness than I usually get.
    During the day, I feel normal (or my version of normal), except for the heartburn.
    Yes, I'm drinking plenty of H2O (nag, nag, nag).
    Should I be heading to an ER or to HCM Hypochondriacs Anonymous?
    Fx

Re: Having Some Night Issues

Felix, are these symptoms worsened by big meals? Eating a lot at a time is hard on the system and lots of people report having trouble sleeping and feeling a sort of heaviness if they eat much at a time. Other than that I have no idea.

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Are you calling me a 'NAG" re the water issue - well I think I resemble that remark

I would talk to the doc first... unless you are feeling very poorly - in that case off to the ER with you.

Let us know how your feeling.

Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

FX, Eating later in the evening as well as eating a heavy meal gives me problems sleeping, . Not so much with breathing, but alot of general discomfort. I try not to eat much after 7:00 and eat a smaller dinner if I can. Hope this is all it is. Take care, Steve.

Comment

I am sorry to hear of your night issues and I hope they get better. I am having some night issues too. Last night when I laid down my heart started racing and I got short of breath. I decided to get up and sit in the recliner in hopes the change in position would help but my heart racing and shortness of breath lasted for about 2 hours. During my 'issue', I found it very difficult to talk. Afterward, I was exhaused and I am today. Any suggestions?
          Sheryl
          HOCM

Comment

Sheryl -
            Please talk to your doctor about these symptoms, it may be nothing - or it may need some attention.
            Best wishes,
            Lisa

Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
            Currently not obstructed

Comment

Lisa

Just a quick little note to say i hope you are doing well these days, I hope the doctor does some thing with me soon, i have slept all day today and i still feel like i could go back to sleep and sleep the rest of the day, i was just up long enough to send some e-mails out again i hope everything is well with and your family

Take care
              Shirley
              Diagnosed 2003
              Myectomy 2-23-2004
              Husband: Ken
              Son: John diagnosed 2004
              Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Lisa

Just a quick little note to say i hope you are doing well these days, I hope the doctor does some thing with me soon, i have slept all day today and i still feel like i could go back to sleep and sleep the rest of the day, i was just up long enough to send some e-mails out again i hope everything is well with you and your family

Take care
                Shirley
                Diagnosed 2003
                Myectomy 2-23-2004

Comment

Shirley,
                  All is well here, I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling so great. Have you attempted any medication changes lately?

Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Lisa

I started 3 weeks ago on the max dose of diltiazem, now i'm on 360 mg and they have increased my Spironlactone to 50mg and lasix daily now, i think i will talk to Dr. Gilligan about this mitral valve sugery this time, i'm also due for an Echo this time, it's been 8 months since my last one , i go back to see him on the 27th of this month, i just went upstairs to talk to my sister and got dizzy when i got up there, I'm so over this they are going to have to do something, i want a little bit of my life back anyway even if it's just a little I would be happy

Take Care
                    Shirley
                    Diagnosed 2003
                    Myectomy 2-23-2004

Comment

It sounds like that call is in order - Dr. Gilligan will take a look at the entire picture and help you out.
                      Please call him and let me know how you are doing.

Best wishes,
                      Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

It seems like a lot of us are having these problems. All I can say is Ditto. I think I'm gonna give a call again to M. Maron and see what he suggests as well. I know I'm still a little weak from the surgery but I don't believe I should be this tired. And the Tachacardia is very annoying. I don't mind a few minutes but the hour stuff is old. Maybe it is just me. But the prednisone I was on didn't help matters either.

Oh well, thought I would chime in with everyone else on this matter because it is oh so familiar!

Mary S.

Comment

Working...
                        X