If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleveland Clinic/ American Journal of Nursing

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

ginnilea Find out more about ginnilea
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland Clinic/ American Journal of Nursing

Hello every one. I am Virginia Hall, I have posted once before to inform the group that I was attempting to publish an article in the American Journal of Nursing about my experience with the disease. I can finally say they have accepted the article so it will only be a matter of time until i can hopefully publish.

I would also like to add, I am a nurse at the Cleveland Clinic. I work on G101 for any of you awaiting your surgery. I was diagnosed with HOCM a year ago while I was in my last semester of nursing school. I can tell you honestly, if I ever took care of you I may not have said anything about HOCM because some people rather not talk about it. On the other hand, if anyone is feeling scared or uncomfortable at the Clinic, feel free to seek me out. You can also seek me out if you get sick of waiting to see Dr. Lever Happy new year to all of you!! Hope to hear from you soon.

Virginia Hall
    Heart nurse by day, Heart Patient by night

Re: Cleveland Clinic/ American Journal of Nursing

Congratulations Virginia!

That's quite an accomplishment...to become published! I'm an EP nurse in Indianapolis. Please let us know the exact reference as soon as you know. I don't subscribe to AJN myself, but would love to have a copy of your article if you could arrange that, when the time comes.

Looking forward to reading your work!

Regards,

Laurie

Comment

Hi VIrginia, I am scheduled to see Dr. Lever on the 28th of Jan. They will also be doing a whole battery of tests on me that day. I will try to look you up and say Hi. I would also like to read your article when it is published. If there is somewhere you can put it on line that people could link to that would be great. Contratulations, Steve.

Comment

Hello,
        I would be interested to see a copy of your article - feel free to email it to the HCMA -we can feature it in a newsletter if it is appropriate.

Also - if you can call the office later today I have someone at the Clinic now that could use a friend. I will talk to you more about it on the phone as it is not appropriate for a message board.

Lisa
        Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
        YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
        lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
        Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
        Currently not obstructed
        Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Working...
        X