If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleveland Clinic Appointment

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Shayne Find out more about Shayne
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland Clinic Appointment

A little history:

Was diagnosed in 1993, Pacer in 1995, Myectomy 1999, ICD 2001. I'm currently taking 200mg of Lopressor twice daily.

I have an appointment January 30 with Dr. Thamilarasan at the Cleveland Clinic. Any opinions of this doctor? Should I request a different physician?

Re: Cleveland Clinic Appointment

the cleveland clinic is one of the best in the world so you can't go far wrong no matter who you see. if they know you have hcm, then they took it into consideration when they booked you. if they don't, let them know.

let us know how it goes

s

Comment

Dr. Lever and Asher see most of the HCM patients. I would check to see if they are available.
      I do not know this person, he/she may be wonderful but I have no information on him/her.

Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Hi, I saw your posting about Dr. Thamilarasan. I have worked with a couple of times. I am a nurse at the Cleveland Clinic. I am not aware if he specializes in HOCM but he is a very personal Dr. We met once when he was admitting a patient and to this day he still smiles to me and says hello when I pass him in the halls. Quite a big task at the Cleveland Clinic. I am curious to hear what he recommends for you! take care and good luck.

Virginia
        Heart nurse by day, Heart Patient by night

Comment

I have an appointment August 1 with Dr. Thamilarasan at the Cleveland Clinic. I have not yet met him, but it seems like everyone here has great things to say about him. Will keep you updated!

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
          X