If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Central line

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Midge Rollins Heart transplant March 04. Prior to that I had Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. I am an independent Norwex consultant. Visit my web site www.midgerollins.norwex.biz Find out more about Midge Rollins
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central line

Well, the time is here. I go the 8th of Jan. for my central line. I will be in hospital a minimum of 5-7 days. They told me this week to plan on a lengthy stay as I adjust to medicines. My grand daughter turns 8 on the 22nd so my goal is to be home for her birthday. They are unsure of how the typical meds will work on HCM transplant to be pt's. The walls are so rigid that they just wont relax. We are sure hopeful I respond as this moves me up a level closer to receiving a new heart. For all of you who are reading this and are panicking that you will need a new heart, please don't as only less then 3% of us HCM'ers get to my point. I just wanted you to know this is where I am on my journey and would ask for prayers, not afraid of the lines just afraid of how medicines will react. I will have ( God Willing) the line now until transplant available. Should have a new heart with in year if this procedure works. I plan to take laptop to hospital to check in on all of you. Happy New Year.
    Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
    ICD&Pacemaker 1996
    Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
    Mom of Kaye.

Re: Central line

Midge you are in my prayers, think positive and with your faith you will be fine and yes keep us updated if you can on how you are doing

Take care of yourself

Shirley
    Diagnosed 2003
    Myectomy 2-23-2004
    Husband: Ken
    Son: John diagnosed 2004
    Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

dear midge,

i wish you all the luck and prayers in the world. take care of youself and know that we are all pulling for you.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{giant hug}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

sarah

Comment

Midge, we're all pulling for you. Take care of yourself as best you can. I'll say prayers for you.

Reenie
        Reenie

Husband has HCM.
        3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Midge,
          You will be in my prayers. God bless you. I'm certain it will go just fine.
          more BIG HUGS to you!!
          \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Midge, Best wishes! You will be in my prayers. Linda

Comment

Midge -
              Yet again you have shown a wonderful attitude leading into your latest adventure! Your strength and great outlook will help you through what lies ahead!
              You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Best wishes,
              Lisa
              Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
              YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
              lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
              Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
              Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
              Currently not obstructed
              Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Midge,

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts as you face this next hurdle. I hope the only surprises you have are that all goes more easily than you expect. You are in my prayers.

You give me much inspiration, Midge, reminding me that it is fairly easy to find pleasures and good things to focus on and be grateful for despite the challenges we face. May your granddaughter's birthday celebration also be a "Welcome home!" celebration!

Pat

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                X