If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Palpitations

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

shirleymahoney Born In Tulsa Oklahoma and have a wonderful husband and 2 great children Find out more about shirleymahoney
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palpitations

Well i was feeling better after the doctor changed my meds, but for the last couple of days now i have had at least 30 episodes of having palpitations, it only last for seconds but often, my diet hasn't changed, i have been drinkng water, and i don't eat salt so i don't know what it could be, i take lexapro 10mg for anxiety and wellbutrin, my blood pressure is ok 130/79 pulse seems to stay between the 80s and 90s, i think i'm going to call the doctor tomorrow, just to ease my mind

Everyone have a happy holiday
    Shirley
    Diagnosed 2003
    Myectomy 2-23-2004
    Husband: Ken
    Son: John diagnosed 2004
    Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Re: Palpitations

Shirley, Palpitations, not unusual. Almost standard operating procedure for us HCM'rs. Some days I get quite a few, like you, only last a few seconds then gone, maybe skipped beats for a while. On severe days might also get light headed like you will pass out, but then it stop before you actually pass out. Other days nothing. Everything is normal. Talk to the Dr. about it, might put you on a holter or event monitor to get a handle on what is going on. Good luck. Steve.

Comment

salt isn't bad for HCM'ers and palpitations will never go away entirely. you need to learn which are par and which require attention. extra hard, painful, or long-lasting are the usual indications that you need to be checked out.

take care

Comment

Does Ace Inhibitors have any influence on Palpitations. ?????

My docs. are trying Toprol/Altace combo on me.
        And since I have added Altace, it seems like my premature contractions have increased significantly.
        Also, my BP stays pretty low.... like.. 100/67

Supposedly, Ace Inhibitors are better for non-obstructive HCM and helps with MR. So this is something, my docs. along with Mayo recommendation are trying it.

Any similar experiences out there .??????
        Ketan Thanki

Comment

kthanki

I just called the doctor, and talked to the nurse and she thinks they might up the dosage of my calcium channel blocker I'm only on 120 mg a day, I use to take Toprol 200mg a day, but i have lung problems and Dr. Gilligan decided that was not a good idea, and i also took Altace only 25 mg a day and again Dr. Gilligan took me off of it, but everyone is different, treatment is different for everyone, being we are all different in what we can take and tolerate. Hope you and your family have a great holiday

Shirley
          Diagnosed 2003
          Myectomy 2-23-2004
          Husband: Ken
          Son: John diagnosed 2004
          Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

kthanki,

For what it's worth, the cardiologist who did my echo said that the Ace Inhibitor, Vasotec, I was on up to that point in time may have made my HOCM worse. I had a heart murmur since I was a child and it become louder after being on it for several years and especially after the dosage was increased from 50 mg to 100 mg daily. Maybe that was a good thing for me personally because it prompted the echo exam and the diagnosis.

Now being on Toprol XL for 4 months, the murmur sound level has decreased slightly. I do have an obstruction, shortness of breath, some palpitations and other symtoms, and I am resolved to a new live style and coping well.

Frank

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
            X