If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

feeling great, now irregular beats again

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

cynthiaG Find out more about cynthiaG
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeling great, now irregular beats again

I've been feeling great for a couple of weeks (very very few "skipped" beats to speak of and more energy)...now, out of the blue, the last day or two, they're baaack! I'm trying to figure it out. I thought maybe too much sugar...I don't know
    \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: feeling great, now irregular beats again

Cynthia--Certainly could be too much sugar. I have felt much better since I have limited my sugar intake. Then recently went on a marshmallow binge and felt terrible. Now back to sugar as an occasional garnish rather than one of the main food categories and feel good again. Sometimes it's hard to stop eating lots of sugar but once you do stop, you really don't miss it.

Comment

and sometimes, you'll just never know. symptoms can come and go without any apparent reason. but if you know you had sugar and the palpitations followed soon after, well then, there you go.

take care,

s

Comment

Hi Cynthia. I have found that high carb foods of all sorts can make me feel lousy, experience palpatations, and generally have a less than good day physically. Another thing for me is not enough water in my diet. Good luck.
        Leon
        God Squad co-moderator
        Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

I am with largehearted! Carbs and I disagree - well I like them but they do not like me! I can feel a BIG diffence when eating carbs... therefore I TRY not to fill my diet with them.

It is hit and miss when looking for the triggers.... keep hunting.
          Lisa
          Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
          YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
          lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
          Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
          Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
          Currently not obstructed
          Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Interesting... I too have problems when I over do carbs.
            »-(¯`·.·´¯)-> HCMA LOVES YOUR HEART <-(¯`·.·´¯)-«
            Murmur detected in childhood (3rd gen, 3 clear siblings)
            Chronic dyspnea, dizziness & palpitations (21+)
            Echocardiogram showing 3X thicknesses 2000
            Cardiac CT 2009 no significant obstruction or plaque (Yay!)
            Cardiac MRI 2010 showing septal scarring (Boo!)
            Verapamil 280mg a day (metoprolol starved extremities)
            ICD MAR 2010 - Canadian Trials St. Jude FORTIFY

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
            X