If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

two years

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Donna Find out more about Donna
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two years

Well, It has been two years yesterday that my brother died from HCM. I still miss him a lot and think a lot about the fact that he saved my live. I have had my ICD for 18 months and It has fired two times. My Brothers son is still clear for HCM. He is 5 years old now. Should he be checked every two years of 5 years?

I just had the need to talk about Rick today.(my brother) Thanks for letting me share him with you. Have a great day and December.
    Donna B. HCM & ICD. 2 sons with HCM. Brother passed away from HCM at the age of 39. Mother has HCM.

Re: two years

God Bless Rick for saving your life! My heart goes out to you as you walk your journay without his physical presence here on earth. He is with you in spirit and will be there to watch over you and your family always. It's wonderful that you have your own guardian angel. Thank you for sharing him with us and for caring about and loving your nephew.

I can't answer your question about screening for your brother's son. I'm sure one of the board monitors will be able to help you with that question.

Love and Light,
    Sharon

Comment

Donna,

Sharon is so great, she always knows the perfect thing to say.

I however do not, so I'll simply say that my thoughts are with you today, and I'm glad that you were able to be tested and get that ICD.

Take care,

Jim
      "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

God Bless Rick.

I know it somedays are harder than others... and holidays can make it even harder yet. Yes, your brother should continue screening every 5 years.

I am glad you have your ICD and that you are here with us today!

Best wishes - and a big hug,

Lisa
        Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
        YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
        lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
        Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
        Currently not obstructed
        Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Donna, Thinking of you and the entire family. Linda

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. I will have my sister-in-law keep up with the screening every 5 years. I know this has been hard on her. It has been 2 years and she still cries each time we talk about Rick. I have tryed to get her to visit the HCMA, but she is not ready to face everything yet. I hope she can start healing soon.

Have a great day and Happy Holidays.
            Donna B. HCM & ICD. 2 sons with HCM. Brother passed away from HCM at the age of 39. Mother has HCM.

Comment

Working...
            X