[A message for Sarah Beckley]

Author: Midge (---.obmo.socket.net)

Date: 04-29-02 13:25

Sarah, I too see Dr. Klarich. Would be interested in hearing from you. I go every 3 months now due to some CHF problems with my HOCM. If you would email me I would appreciate it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: A message for Sarah Beckley]

Author: Sarah Beckley (---.dsl.mindspring.com)

Date: 04-29-02 18:39

Dear Midge,

Cool. I'll e-mail you.

Sarah

Author: Marta (---.24.153.135.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)

Date: 04-29-02 19:11

Sarah, any mayo clinics in New Jersey or near by states?

Marta

Author: Sarah Beckley (---.dsl.mindspring.com)

Date: 04-29-02 19:32

There is a Mayo in Jacksonville, FL and Scottsdale, AZ with Rochester, MN being the main HQ and where the HCM Clinic is.

It is worth the trip. Airfares are pretty cheap and you can get a hotel for 60 bucks a night with 50 dollars of it tax deductable.

Sarah

Author: lisa (208.47.172.---)

Date: 04-30-02 12:56

Hi,

I just wanted to chime in on the search for a doctor. While the Mayo is a wonderful center, it is more important to get to a doctor with experience then a center with a good name.

There are many doctors in the US, Canada and Europe who the HCMA refer to on a regular basis. If you are looking for someone on the east coast I can give you several names. I do not tend to make referal on the message board or emails as each case is different and we like to make sure we are refering to a center that can meet all your needs.

Please call the office for more information.

ALSO - regarding tax deductions for medical expences and travel, the rules are not cut and dry so be careful. Depending on your taxable income you may have to spend over 2% of your income prior to being able to deduct anything, see your accountant for these regulations.

Best wishes,

Lisa Salberg