If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tachycardia

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Toogoofy317 non-obstructed hcm, AICD 11-01-02 and 10-6-05 Find out more about Toogoofy317
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tachycardia

Has anyone had any bad episodes of tachycardia? I was just chilling out on the couch tonight not really doing much and I started feeling kinda funny. I checked my pulse it was around 130. I shrugged it off thinking it would go quickly. Well it didn't before long I was up to over 170! I got a little light headed and short of breath. This episode lasted almost an hour!

I do have an AICD and as luck would have it I had it checked yesterday and no problem. I did ask the tech what it was set at and he said 150 but it did not give therapy until 220.

Is this something I should be worried about. It sure did scare me at the time.

Mary

Re: tachycardia

Mary did you go to the hospital, you are suposed to or let your doctor know, i have not experienced it for that long of a time, but i due have it from time to time, at rest mine will get up to 135 and i feel awful, you poor thing, i wouldn't want mine to get that high, i think i would go to the hospital, being your ICD went off, keep us updated and try to have a great Thanksgiving
    Shirley
    Diagnosed 2003
    Myectomy 2-23-2004
    Husband: Ken
    Son: John diagnosed 2004
    Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Mary, call the doctor. It shouldn't be that high for that long. I don't know the guidelines on this, but I think I would have gone to the ER when it stayed fast for over 10 minutes.

Reenie
      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Just a note my ICD did not go off (sorry if I misworded it I was tired). I would have definatly went to the ER then. I am so tired of hospitals right now that I didn't go. I am also in the middle of cardiologist right now. I don't know which one I would have called.

I'm feeling better this morning. I'm off to work soon. Never get the holidays off with the Mouse.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Mary

Comment

Mary - if your heart rate was that high - call and let the docs know. It may be time to look at those meds again...

Happy Thanksgiving!
          Lisa
          Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
          YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
          lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
          Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
          Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
          Currently not obstructed
          Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Working...
          X