If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to study HCM!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

lry_wh Find out more about lry_wh
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to study HCM!

HI every one!
    I am a chinese ph.D student .My major is computer software and Biomedicine Engineering, and my task is build a model for HCM,I know this task is difficult,and I will work hard.
    My ideal is build a model include ca ,Atp and Arg403Gln mutation and them relation.
    Can you want to discuss with me,and help me?
    My e_mail: [email protected].
    your new friend lry

Re: I want to study HCM!

Dear Iry,

Please click on the PM button under Lisa Salberg's member name in one of her posts or from the Memberlist (link is above) and repeat what you posted here. She can put you in touch with the geneticists who are working on HCM right now. They don't post on our discussion board, but I imagine they would be happy to talk to you about HCM genetics directly.

Our discussions of HCM genetics on this board are mostly limited to "Who in my family is going to get this" and "how can I find out if I have the gene?" So having Lisa put you in touch with the scientists is your best option.

Take care,

Sarah

Comment

Hi, Iry,

I am a biologist living in Beijing and teaching at Bei Gung Da. My PhD is in ecology, but my background is physiology and I taught Biology at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond VA for 9 years before coming here as well as at Webster University in St. Louis, MO and a number of other places before that. Last year I taught a doctoral student here who was also working in mathematical modeling of genetic systems. He was in a class I taught on writing and publishing scientific papers and the PhD dissertation in English. So, I am curious as to where you are located and knowing more about your work.

Rhoda

Comment

Iry,
        Let me know if you are working with electronic models for electrophysiology of HCM heart. I would be glad share some ideas.
        I have spoken to device engr.s and there are some valuable research efforts happening to model heart's electronics.
        There are possibilities of predicting abnormal rythms by defining certain models.

Ketan
        Ketan Thanki

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
        X