If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 meeting - what do you want to hear!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 meeting - what do you want to hear!

OK it is that time of year (believe it or not!)

Our annual meeting is June 4-6, 2004 and we have some great ideas for this years meeting!

We will be opening up Friday night with a very fun dinner in the Boca Bay resturant in the Westin, it has a casual theme and is set up like an ocean front retreat. We will have ample time for everyone to unwind from traveling and have som fun before we get down to "business" Saturday!
    I even have some special suprises for that evening that we are working on - to give a hint... we may have some entertainment that will be viewed as very "cool" by the younger HCM'ers out there - at the same time us older folks will also enjoy it!

Now for the harder part...
    The agenda for the meeting -Are there topics we have not covered in the past that you would like to hear? Is there anything you have heard too much of? Would you like to hear topics that may not be 100% HCM related?

Post all of your suggestions and I will keep my eye on them- I have 2 weeks to get this all down... so please let me hear what you want

Thanks - hope to see you all in June!
    Lisa
    Childrens issues
    0%
    Family issues
    0%
    Detailed medical data
    0%
    New Technology
    0%
    Ample social time
    0%
    Information on medications
    0%
    HCM Centers
    0%
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Re: 2004 meeting - what do you want to hear!

Lisa

I plan on being there this year, i have never been so i don't know what to put down for you this year, but i'm excited about being there, i think anything would be great for me i plan on bringing my notebook and making alot of notes, the dr. has increased my lasix and my Spirolactone to twice daily, I keep retaining fluid, I've gained 8 pounds in 3 days, But I'm sure I will be fine come June, If not I'm coming anyway. I really would like to meet some of the HCMers. I don't know anyone here with HCM. Take care

Shirley
    Diagnosed 2003
    Myectomy 2-23-2004
    Husband: Ken
    Son: John diagnosed 2004
    Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
    X