If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealing with the Insur. nightmares

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with the Insur. nightmares

[Dealing with the Insur. nightmares]

Author: Rick (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 04-26-02 23:07

This might be a simple deal for some but I always have a difficult time getting thru the red tape. Lisa was kind to talk to me on the phone the other day and really helpful! I am getting close the the time to have a myectomy and I live in Washington State, she thought the Mayo Clinic In Rochester would be the best choice for me and I see by the feedback on the board that many agree. My problems are that 1 Gee thats a long way, yeah I know if its the best thats where I should go but... Travel expenses and all. 2. Looking thru the Mayo site I see that they don't accept Medicare part 1 at their site. 3. I have my primary ins. (that never seems to cover what I need) and my wifes secondary ins. and for some reason the Dr.s bill my ins. (which pays very little if any at all) and will not bill my secondary ins. so I always get billed for the remainder! Help! Is there an easier way?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Dealing with the Insur. nightmares]

Author: Sarah Beckley (---.dsl.mindspring.com)

Date: 04-26-02 23:21

Dear Rick

Please call the Mayo Clinic and talk to them about your insurance situation. They are the nicest people I've ever dealt with in my life. I suspect that they will be able to answer all your insurance questions so you will know what to expect.

Also, your travel expenses would be tax deductable. So that helps a little bit too. There are many reasonably priced motels in Rochester and all offer free shuttles to the clinic all day long. The whole town is organized around the clinic, practically.

Let us know what they say and good luck

(PS my two cents: go!!!)

Sarah

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Dealing with the Insur. nightmares]

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 04-27-02 12:26

Again two points to Sarah, call the Mayo Clinic and talk to them about your insurance situation. They deal with this stuff every day more times you could possibly imagine. If they know your insurance companies are both primary and secondary taken talk to them in advance receives confirmation on what will be covered and what will not be covered. You will know an estimated amount before your responsibility will be. I have not heard of a situation yet were somebody was rejected based upon their ability to pay, if they were willing to work out a payment schedule for balance due.

I know insurance companies can be difficult. Please read my posting under how to choose proper insurance.

Thank you for the kind words and I enjoyed speaking with you as well.

Lisa Salberg

President

HCMA
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X