If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meeting In Orlando

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Linda Find out more about Linda
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meeting In Orlando

The American Heart Association's annual meeting is scheduled to begin November 9. Lisa and I will be there. Saturday evening seems to be the best time to meet with those HCMA members in and around that area. It would be nice to meet for dinner and a bit of "getting acquainted". Other family members/friends are also welcome to attend. It worked well last year in Chicago. Each person covers the cost of their own dinner, not an expense of the HCMA. That's how these shoestring budgets work . How does this sound to everyone? Any suggestions as to where we can meet? Is there anyone local willing to take RSVP's and make reservations for dinner? Lisa, please jump in and modify this message if I'm mistaken on date, etc. Linda

Re: Meeting In Orlando

I'm in. BUT... I'll be in Miami for the better part of this week so just e-mail me with the where's and when's, and I'll see you there.

Bill

Comment

Hey I will be happy to help! I'll PM my cell phone # to you. I can't wait to meet everyone!
      Mary

Comment

I am in where ever ... I will be staying near the conv. center so if you locals can help find a resturant that is close to that that would be great!

See ya soon.

Lisa
        Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
        YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
        lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
        Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
        Currently not obstructed
        Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

I was thinking Houlihan's would be a pretty good place to go. They have a little bit of everything and a nice casual atmosphere. It is right accross from Pointe Orlando which is about two blocks from the Convention Center.

Mary S.

Comment

Anyone else in the area planning to join us? Mary, looking forward to meeting all, Linda

Comment

I'll be there. What day? What time? Is it Houlihan's?

Bill

Comment

Mary, will you be the contact person? Can you pm for phone #'s and decide between the locals where to go? Lisa and I will be good with whatever. We have your # and will call with our schedule when we get together and know our times. Thanks in advance. Linda

Comment

Sure thing! If anyone wants my number PM me!

Mary

Comment

Mary took us to Epcot!!!!

Wow - what a treat!

Linda, Bill F., Mary and I had a wonderful night at Epcot and had diner in China! WHAT A BLAST!!!
                    What ever town we land in next will have a hard time beating this one!!

THANK YOU MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and have we learned any lessons???!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!????

I will let Mary fill you in on that last statement!

I have to run to a meeting .... I will try to check back to the board in the next day or two!

take care!

Lisa
                    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                    Currently not obstructed
                    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Mary???? What's the deal? Huh? I'm a nosey Rosey!

Reenie
                      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Lisa, shoulda called your niece's cell phone, she's at the Contemporary this week! But then again, since we live a half mile apart, why would you guys go all the way to Florida to see each other?
                        Lisa\'s favorite (and smarter) big brother.

Comment

Oh all right Reenie! Here's the story. Lisa found out just how stubborn I can be and how I seem to always over do it.

My day on Saturday started around 7 AM. It was pretty much my only day off this week. I went to Epcot that morning, went grocery shopping, picked Linda and Lisa up for a crash course at the mall. Because some people can't dress for Florida weather and the other had to have her nails done! (I'm gonna get it for that one)

Meanwhile, we had reservations for Epcot at 7:30 and when we picked up Bill it was almost 7:00. When we got to Epcot it was 7:25 as we went practically running through my work area. That is when I noticed something wrong! Innoventions closed at 7:00 and it was still open. I asked one of my co-workers why they were still open. That's when I found out that I had forgot to set my dress watch back an hour. So we were an hour early!

So we had a great dinner and watched the fire works. By the time we were leaving the park my 14 hour day caught up to me and I hit the wall hard. Lisa and Linda had to sit with me until midnight until I could really drive again.

And the meanie that Lisa is . Ratted me out to Dr. Maron today! Apparently he is not to thrilled. I'm sure I'll hear about it very soon! So that's the long and short of it all!

Mary

Comment

Wow, Mary. What a story! I'm glad you had such a good time and also glad you're all right.

Hey, DR MM! Tell her to quit running so hard!!!

Reenie
                            Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                            3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but with my little baby sister in Orlando sitting in on this meeting, I can't get this song out of my head:

" Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me? L-I-S , A-S-A ,L-B-E-R-G! (sing it, it works!)

With apologies to any large eared rodents that may be offended.
                              Lisa\'s favorite (and smarter) big brother.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X