If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you


No announcement yet.

HCM Options


About the Author


Barnun19 Find out more about Barnun19
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HCM Options

    Hello i am new to the Forum. I was diagnosed with HCM 3 years ago at age 36. I'm currently 39 now and my septum wall is now measuring 2.9. I am a healthy husband and father of two young boys. I don't smoke, good blood pressure, good cholesterol, physically fit for my size/weight. I live a very active life not only with my kids but i am an avid hunter.

    I have been taking cartizem and a blood thinner since diagnosed. I have had 2 short episodes of afib over the last 3 year's. My cardiologist has recently suggested putting in a pacemaker/defibrillator as the next step she recommends. Fortunately i am only a short trip away from the Cleveland Clinic in downtown Cleveland. I have made an appointment with them for a second opinion. I truly feel the Septal Myectomy is the best option for me at this point but all my current cardiologist has done is scared me away from that procedure. I'm here to lean on you guys and get some feedback.

    Am i barking up the right tree? Thanks for any advice/help!

  • #2

    Unfortunately these message boards are not very active anymore. For answers to your questions, you can call the office to set up a call with Lisa, our CEO and founder and/or join the facebook private support group https://www.facebook.com/groups/830709766982009/ Please make sure you answer the membership questions to gain access to the site.


    Today's Birthdays