If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good News

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Toogoofy317 non-obstructed hcm, AICD 11-01-02 and 10-6-05 Find out more about Toogoofy317
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News

Well after two months of Disney not doing anything in the means of finding me a sit down job I gave up. I was at the point that I had no money and could not even afford my medication which was quite expensive. So I talked to the cardiologist and explained the situation to him he said that because I had been feeling so much better with the rest that he thought I could return to my normal job for awhile. But I had to be agrresively looking for a sit down job or I would be right back where I was. Don't want to go there. So I start back to work tomorrow!

On a happier note I don't know how I did it but I managed to get myself on the Dean's list at school! I was totally floored! I don't keep up with my GPA because if it isn't high enough I stress out and that's not good.

I guess things are starting to get better and for that I am happy. I could not have done it without all of the support that I have gotten from my family here and at work. I just hope this interview I have next week will finally get me the sit down job I need.

Thanks again!

mary S.

Re: Good News

Hooray!! I'm glad things are looking brighter and I hope they continue to turn around for you.

Smartypants!! Keep it up! We're here for you.

big hugs,

S

Comment

I'm so happy for you Mary!!

Reenie
      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Mary so glad things are starting to look up for you

Take care of yourself
        Shirley
        Diagnosed 2003
        Myectomy 2-23-2004
        Husband: Ken
        Son: John diagnosed 2004
        Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Congratulations, Mary! Linda

Comment

I got my letter of acceptance for the nursing program at my school. To my dismay it was not for the January 04 class but the August 04. Gee I thought there was a nursing shortage! It wouldn't be so bad if I had more classes to take for the program but I have finished all of my co-requisites for the program. This will make for an entire year of sitting around piddling my thumbs.I was even told by the nursing coordinator that I would be in for January. I just can't figure it out I know I only have a 3.6 GPA but this is community college for goodness sakes!

Sorry for my ranting but I just wish something would kind of go my way for once. I have worked really hard for this and am tired of getting the run around!

Mary S.

Comment

Mary, We're all feeling it, nurses and those who need nurses. Would you believe that one of the problems you are up against is the shortage of nursing instructors? There just aren't enough and statistics seem to point to the problem getting worse before it gets better. Too many of us have the experience but not the letters behind the name to qualify to teach. There are reasons for that, too. I've never had the burning desire to teach in the classroom setting, but mentoring and on-the-job teaching and supervision are great experiences. Hang in there and you'll find your place. Something may open up in the next few wks. Linda

Comment

Dear Mary,

BIG HUG and CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

But, hey, don't take it sitting down. Make an appointment to see an admissions counselor and let them know (sweetly) that you were told you would be admitted for January's term and were wondering what happened and if there is anything you can do to start then.

Be sure to take all your paperwork, application, transcript, whatever with you just in case they lost something you may want to refer to. Maybe they don't know you have all your requisites done or something silly. Or maybe they just messed up.

I talked my way into school and into my diploma as well (long story-pm me for details), so I'm sure you can finesse moving it up a bit--regardless --you don't ask, you don't get.

take care and keep us posted,

s

Comment

I finally got the interview for the desk job at Disney! I go today at 1:00 Mickey time. If I get it I could get a big raise. Wish me luck!

Mary S.

Comment

Mary, Good luck, keep us posted. I'm excited for you! Linda

Comment

Well that was a disaster! The interviewer asked me about my job and I had good things to say about it , because, I do enjoy my current job. She asked me why I wanted to leave and I made the mistake of being honest. I told her I had a heart condition that some days prevented me from doing streneous physical activity. The interview ended thirty seconds after that statement with "since you enjoy Innoventions so much you should probably stay there". She also said I might want to try a clerical job and gave the number of Castings to me. She was a bit taken aback when I told her that this is where Castings sent me!

I give up on this! It is more stress than it is worth. It is ironic that the name for Disney's employment complex (castings) also means worm dung. Go figure!

Mary S.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                      X